GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Language and various other issues...

Default Language and various other issues...

Hello again!

I am curious to know if there is a way to change the obc and / or dash language settings. If so, how?

Also, any of you folks know where to get good style 5 wheels for a fairly decent price?(Or your favorite reliable sources)

Lastly, I have an 89 525 w the "metallic silver something-or-other" paint, does anyone know any products that match that color best? I am looking to buff it out because it's got a bunch of stupid little white (tiny oxidized spots) rock chips, ick. Have any of you removed the pinstripe from the door? Mine seems to be stripping in select places...

Anyways, thanks!
    -Charles
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

I believe it tells you in the owners manual. In case you don't have one, you hold down the right side button on the instrument cluster, the one opposite the odometer reset. With the button pushed in, turn the ignition key to the "on" position. Continue to hold the button down, (about 10 seconds) until the languages appear and start scrolling. Let up on the button when your desired language appears. TA-DA!!!

There are usually sets of style 5's available on Ebay, although they are pricy, they sure do look good. Be patient and keep checking the bay, primo sets cost $1100-1200, used sets with some clearcoat peeling can be had for $800.

The white spots you see is wax embedded into the paint chip. Find the color code on the side of your shocktower, you should be able to order touch up for these rock pecks. Clean the old wax out and prep the chip with alcohol before applying the touch up paint.

Don't really know about the pinstriping....if you can get under the edge of it, keep picking at it..

Jr

Awesome, thanks!
    Yeah I looked and looked and I must have missed it, so does this change the language for both the dash and OBC together? (I remember before I replaced the cluster I had some issues where the languages kept switching between english and german seperately on the OBC and cluster..quite odd)
    Again, thanks!
    -Charles
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Yes, both the dash and OBC...

Usually, if the languages change on their own, it can be a voltage problem, flat battery, or a connection behind the instrument cluster that's not making proper contact.