GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OBC Consumption

Default OBC Consumption

Hi all

After some headscratching and archive searching I've found out why I was getting no consumption figures on my OBC, the conversion figure was set to 0000, could some of you very nice, lovely, kind and generous people have a look to see what yours is set at? especially you 1995 525i manual saloon drivers, it would be much appreciated.

Maybe one day I'll do the proper fill it up, reset trip meter, drive, fill it up again callibration but at about £70 to £80 to fill the tank it's not top of my list! She'll be lucky if she ever sees a full tank of fuel!

940, I believe, but I've got a 535i and an EAT chip (had to adjust the conversion after the chip install).

Quote Originally Posted by les741
    Hi all

After some headscratching and archive searching I've found out why I was getting no consumption figures on my OBC, the conversion figure was set to 0000, could some of you very nice, lovely, kind and generous people have a look to see what yours is set at? especially you 1995 525i manual saloon drivers, it would be much appreciated.

Maybe one day I'll do the proper fill it up, reset trip meter, drive, fill it up again callibration but at about £70 to £80 to fill the tank it's not top of my list! She'll be lucky if she ever sees a full tank of fuel!
    I have the same problem on a manual 525i! I dont seem to have any speed info getting to the OBC either(eg average speed, arrival time) - have you had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by karl1171
    I have the same problem on a manual 525i! I dont seem to have any speed info getting to the OBC either(eg average speed, arrival time) - have you had this problem?
    Hi, no that hasn't been a problem for me, obviously the arrival time will not work unless you input a distance for your journey but I don't know why your not getting average speed. You do know that you have to set a start point to start measuring it?

Also, I've seen mentioned before that some people have had problems with entering a correction rate and it then zeroing again after a couple of days, to stop this from happening you just 'lock' the computer again

Default I would think you would start with 1000

and adjust from there after doing realtime calcs over a few tanks of gas.

Hi all

Also, I've seen mentioned before that some people have had problems with entering a correction rate and it then zeroing again after a couple of days, to stop this from happening you just 'lock' the computer again
    Or that's what I thought, it seemed to work for weeks but now mine has reset itself again grrrrr
    After I finally gave it a full tank to get some accurate figures and work out the proper correction number I needed too.
    Don't think I'm going to bother again, unless someone can get to the bottom of why these keep resetting themselves?