GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 530im Steering Box - Rebuild Kit or Reman details ???

Default 530im Steering Box - Rebuild Kit or Reman details ???

My steering box blew a seal and I have pentosin everywhere. What a bummer ! It's a non-servotronic.

BMA says $750 for a rebuilt box, but availability may be an issue. No one seems to have any part numbers for a rebuild kit and I searched the board but didn't find any details.

Anyone have a microfiche available with old part numbers on the kit?? The CD ROM doesn't list them.

Anyone ever used www.jorgenauto.com ???? They list a box for $355 but we don't know anything about them.
    Robert Callaway
    Dallas, TX
    '94 530im 143k mi
    '94 Land Cruiser FZJ-80 202k mi.

"If I could have back all the time and money I ever spent on cars.......I'd spend it all on cars."

bump.

i've been looking for an e34 rebuild kit too, but from the sound of bill on the subject in posts past, zf won't sell those kind of parts. the e28 one is readily available, though.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default The plot thickens...

....there are no rebuild kits available in the U.S. We have searched the old, old Microfiche to no avail. My unit is particular to 530's and some 540's. ZF is backed up 12 weeks on reman units (32 13 1 139 681) at $750 each, according to Patrick at BMA. He called them directly.

I am going to have to call in the cavalry and get my German friends to help out. One of my good friends here collects Porsche's and has good contacts back home in Germany. Got him on the case and going to get my brother in law, who works for Opel near Frankfurt but drives a 3-series, to see if his BMW parts connections can scare something up as far as a rebuild kit.

Any other ideas ???

Used part might have the same seal issues, so I don't feel that is a good risk.

TIA,

R.
    Robert Callaway
    Dallas, TX
    '94 530im 143k mi
    '94 Land Cruiser FZJ-80 202k mi.

"If I could have back all the time and money I ever spent on cars.......I'd spend it all on cars."