GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT, a few honda pics from an odyssey i was working on today...

Default Jr, they most likely took it to the closest lube pit for

their maintenance or anything similar.. they probably changed it right when scheduled. Their pretty good about doing the maintenance when needed. They are the kind of people that keep a car a long time. I strongly suspect that regular oil changes and honda's excellent engineering have a lot to do with it. The local dealer that maintained it from new skipped quite a few things... such as the fact that this was supposed to be done at 105k and they didn't do it. When i called they said it didn't need to be done unless it was making noise?.... They also never changed the microfilter for the AC which was supposed to be changed every 30k miles.. It still had the original in it. On the honda there's a plastic strap across the bottom of the glovebox that has to be cut out with wirecutters in order to remove the microfilter for the first time. Without removing this you can''t get the filter out. This is the factory procedure to change it. This plastic had never been cut and the microfilter was just solidly plugged up and black... When i told the customer this and showed them a photo of the old and new filters side by side they really very hot about this.... I imagine his wife is going to have a talk with the dealer that did all the work.... Anyway i really like this engine and the tech in it... To line up the cylinders when you adjust the valves you open a little cap in the plastic timing cover and you can see a line on the cam gear with a pointer. Its marked 1 and a line then you rotate the crank and the next line marked 2 comes up then 3 and so on... you don't even have to look at the crank pulley to determine which valve to set next... Very nice setup with the exception that you have to take the upper intake manifold plenum off to get the valve covers off.. Flat rate time was 4.7 hours,dealer wanted 400 and change plug parts , vc gaskets and plenum gaskets..38 bucks for the gaskets... About 450 from the dealer. It took me 5 hours to do this for the first time because i took my time and took a bunch of photos etc... Next time i could do it in 2.5 easy. I'm quite impressed with the layout of this engine and car in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Does look incredibly clean. Wonder what type of Dino they ran in it, any idea Bill?

My dad has one, he likes it... he considered trading up for the newer more powerful one, but hasn't yet.

His tranny has been fine, but I've heard the stories!
    I will see how many miles are on his and if it is time for an adjustment.
    good pics!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12