GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 535i aftermarket exhaust questions

Default 535i aftermarket exhaust questions

After searching this and bimmerforums i have come to the conclusion that every clip i could possibly hear of an aftermarket exhaust for these cars comes out of a 540i or an M5 . Does anyone on here have Either the SS, Eisenmann, Dinan, Remus, or other that they can actually describe how it will sound on my soon to be 535i? The one thing i hate is spending money on an exhaust i've never heard only to be disappointed... If anyone has any clips, post em up in here as b&b and such dont have any on their sites. Thanks for any info!

Rob

not to hijack, but where can you get a supersprint? i searched for a while but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Well crap, I wish I could help more.....but I've only mocked up my AC Schnitzer exhaust system to check fitment. Its actually made by Remus per the stampings, but marketed or private labeled as ACS.
    From what I can tell it looks pretty stout and probably won't be much louder than a stock exhaust with a tone increase with a hole or leak. Its all stainless steel, which adds tone by itself somehow. And its still a dual in exiting as one large square-round tip.
    Oh......and its heavy as hell. It also utilizes the factory front most pre-muffler too.
    From what I've seen over the years with factory replacement style aftermarkrt BMW exhausts......none of them are much different sounding really.......more of a tone increase is all. Unless thjey are made from mild steel which can burn out eventually and become louder.
    You can always go upstream and add another muffler if its too noisy.
    ........Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

I have a B&B Triflo from an E34 M5 and its loud as freakin ****

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K

"loud as freakin ****"

does that mean loud good or loud bad?

Default Yup. I'd ditto that.

I have one sitting in my shed for that very reason. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

I only paid $50

Loud as freakin **** means loud is good... but many people say its too loud. I drive a retarded car that doesn't know what "too loud" means.

Default I have an Eisenmann with no center resonator.....

It's a little obnoxious, just like the B&B Tri-Flo. I have heard Eisenmanns with center resonators (stock and Eisenmann resonators) and they sound much nicer.

The problem with my current setup is that the in-car noise is amplified by the general characterstics of the body/interior. The exhaust is "worse" inside the care than it is outside of the car.

BMP sells Supersprint I believe. A little over a year ago they were clearancing a bunch of Hartge exhausts, supposedly made by supersprint. I and others bought one and it was not too loud. It had to have some fabing to install since it is not a bolt on without the center section but my muffler ship did a great job of cutting the stock rotten muffler out and making a couple bent pieces of tube, rounding out the stock tube and welding it all up. The price of the Hartge was really dirt cheap at the time. Was not obnoxious at all.
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

Be aware that the other exhausts...remus.... RD....supersprint... are all very quiet compared to either eisenmann or B&B. I know sound is not a big deal to some people, but honestly if I were to drop dollars on a new exhaust it'd have to make more noise than remus does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast