GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brake booster repair parts needed-Japan version

Default brake booster repair parts needed-Japan version

Yesterday we had a meeting with some friends here from the E32 Club and we are looking for parts for repair of brake boosters which we cannot get in Japan.
    FOR VEHICLES WITH NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN L807A=YES, BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER ATE 34311156643
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...00&hg=34&fg=25
    and FOR VEHICLES WITH NATIONAL VERSION JAPAN L807A=YES ,BRAKE SERVO UNIT ATE 1 till 12/1990 34331156925
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=34&fg=25&hl=5
    The plastic insert and the 2 gaskets, one is an O-ring which sits behind the plastic insert, and the other one on the right hand side on the other side
    The plastic insert of the German version has the p/n ATE 10.0101-5302.1, and additional it is mentioned 7728. Not sure if the Japanese version has the same p/n.
    Does anybody have any info about the correct p/n of ATE and where to buy and what they cost? We cannot get them here in Japan, only the brake booster complete.
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by shogun; 04-18-2015 at 10:58 PM.

not that it's much help i plugged 34331156925 into my parts software and it says it basicly fits almost everything that used a hydrobooster 5ers 6ers and 7ers 633s back to 78 and 750s to 94, it's been proven wrong but usually is correct
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I Winfred,

I am sitting in the hotel in Singapore now, just arrived here and will stay till Saturday. So I do not know when I can go online here again, as I have to travel here a lot.
    What would be interesting for me to know:

The ATE part number of the set of replacement parts or the single items.

And a contact address where I can buy them from USA. Email, contact person or an online source where I can find it.

I cannot buy them in Japan and also in Germany one cannot buy these parts from ATE or any other source. They refuse to sell. I assume that has something to do with liability in these countries if something breaks on the car. But can I buy these parts in USA?

Greeting from very warm and humid Singaore.
    I will look again on this posting when I can, latest when I am back to Japan. Thanks a lot

That o-ring is a common failure item in E24/E28's, causing PS fluid leaks. I replaced mine over 3 years ago. The plastic insert and the metal (I think) washer survived the repair.The salvage yard may be your best source for the plastic part. O-ring is 38MM ID x 44MM OD. If you can't get it locally I can send them. http://www.normgrills.net/bcg/Brakes...l#anchor912711
    Paul Shovestul
    Last edited by shogun; 04-18-2015 at 10:59 PM.
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

Thanks Paul,
    the O-ring we meanwhile also sourced in Japan. But what we intend to is to repair some of the booster units completely for 7335 and 750 E32 and have them ready on stock for our club members. Especially on the 750 it is really difficult to get the booster unit out, and therefore we plan a complete overhaul of the booster units with all replacable wear parts, just to make sure that they work 100%.
    So the best would be if we could get hold of the original ATE repair kits from a reman company which might sell it to us. By some legal/liaility reasons or company policy of ATE I cannot get them in Japan or Germany.
    So if you find out a company selling us the original repair kit, that would be the best. I would buy some at one time.

No idea which company in USA would sell new repair kits for brake booster units of ATE?
    Or does anybody know what are the ATE parts numbers for the BMW comparable numbers as mentioned above?

Little progress. This company remnufactures them among other parts
    http://www.cardone.com/English/Club/...ts/default.asp

Rockauto sells them for 261 $ as reman compared to > 400 for new ones from ATE.
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/cata...2&partGroup=14

Anyone has contact or can check with Cardone if they sell single parts for brake boosters?
    Maybe it might be of help to tell them for overseas, not for USA, where people might sue them in case their brakes fail.

Thanks

have you sourced bmaparts.com and talked to Patrick or Yves? Tell him Jeff from bimmer sent you, email him he will be with you soon, give him the details and he will try to hook you up. They do ship to Japan too, I'm just not that versed in what your requesting if its parts or a kit or Id do it for you Eric.
    Last edited by shogun; 04-18-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Maybe Bruce(the trike man) can give send you his booster too as another spare!!!
    Is it the same part on the E34??Maybe i can ask my Indy if he knows where he can source the parts
    Part 34311156643 (BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER) was found on the following vehicles: E32: E32 735i ,E32 750iL , 750iLS, 730i,
    Part 34331156925 (BRAKE SERVO UNIT) was found on the following vehicles: E24: 633CSi,635i , M6, 628CSi, 635CSi, M635CSi ,E28: 533i, 535i, M5, 525i, 528i,M535i. E32:E32 735i/L, 730i/L, 750i/L
    Last edited by shogun; 04-18-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    Gone but not forgotten

Basically many people are looking for a repair kit.
    I want to help out the guys in Germany + here in Japan. Many want a repair kit. Just the internal parts as I showed in the pic above.
    I don't need it at the moment, but also would buy a stand-by set just in case. I have 2 spare brake bootser units used on stock, maybe one I give to a friend here. A new one costs here > 1000 $.
    So the question is in general who can supply? Once we have an address, price and cope of supply, I will distribute it in Europe, Asia and some smaller boards to contact these companies directly.
    Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast