GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to talk me out of buying Bridgestone RE750s?

Default Anyone want to talk me out of buying Bridgestone RE750s?

The Yoko AVS db's are shot. Time for new tires. Want something different than the Yoko's db's. Martin didn't like the ES100s or whatever they are called and haven't heard good things about the treadware.

Now thinking the Bridgestone RE750s are the ticket. Scooootttttt H? You like 'em?

BTW, I will say the when the Yoko db's are down to 1/16 or less tread, they are great track tires. At least for one session.

Jeff
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Default Why not get the s-03's, ya puss?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N.
    The Yoko AVS db's are shot. Time for new tires. Want something different than the Yoko's db's. Martin didn't like the ES100s or whatever they are called and haven't heard good things about the treadware.

Now thinking the Bridgestone RE750s are the ticket. Scooootttttt H? You like 'em?

BTW, I will say the when the Yoko db's are down to 1/16 or less tread, they are great track tires. At least for one session.

Jeff

This Potenza tire redefines ultra-high performance. With the evolution of UNI-T® and UNI-T AQ™ to UNI-T AQII, the Potenza S-03 Pole Position reaches the peak of performance in both wet and dry conditions. And, it keeps performance up as the tread wears down. Engineers have also reduced the noise factor in new and worn stages. Driving enthusiasts will admire the unique tread and sidewall design inspired by the Bridgestone Potenza racing rain tire.
    Innovative Tire Design - A Comprehensive Tire Design Method
    This method improves handling in wet or dry conditions and reduces irregular treadwear by combining the ideal tread design, casing shape, materials and construction.

Innovative Roundness - Rounder Is Better
    Rounder overall tire shape provides better balance for wet or dry handling.

Innovative Compound - Longer Is Stronger
    L.L. Carbon utilizes a special form of molecular re-engineered carbon black, a key factor in improving tire wear while enhancing wet performance.

Super EPC
    Super EPC consists of advanced technologies, an Anti-Hardening Resin and Link Stabilizing Agent, to counteract the effects of heat so worn tires have the flexibility needed for wet performance.

Dual Layer Tread
    As the tire wears, more of the inner tread is exposed so the tire continues to grip the road in wet conditions.

Particle Z
    A compound additive that works in tandem with base and top compounds and improves tire flexibility to enhance wet performance.

Hydro Evacuation Surface (H.E.S.)
    H.E.S. more efficiently channels water away from the tread, reduces the risk of hydroplaning, and leads to better wet performance.

Super EPO
    Super EPO goes beyond EPO in improving wet handling as the tire wears. The interactive elements are Super EPC and an enhanced version of Dual Layer Tread.

Consistent Surface Contact (C.S.C)
    C.S.C, a pattern of tread blocks designed for uniform contact pressure, improves dry and wet handling, reduces irregular wear, and results in better ride comfort.

Warranty Summary:
    Platinum Pact Limited Warranty
    30-Day Test Drive
    Standard Limited Warranty
    erased due to slander

Default bridgestones G111`s the same?

I have 235 45 17 bridgestone G 111 potenzas on my car,or on the front anyway.They seem very good grip and noise wise .However as soon as i put them on the front(had them on the back for a coupla weeks the front seems MUCH more sensitive to tramlining.....sorta vauge feeling steering.May well be due to other things but was fine until they went on.....

bridgestone g111

Last edited by Paul in NZ; 03-16-2004 at 12:06 AM.
    Gone but not forgotten

I had the RE730s and was less than impressed. Not sure if they've improved the tire much (since the 750 is the replacement) but the 730 was OK in the rain and got quite hard after not too many miles.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

Default Yo Jeffro

I don't vote for the ES100s either......they aren't BAAAAAD, but the aren't GOOOOOD either.

Overall noise is down, treadwear is supposed to be much better. I'm trying to remember the comparison of characterstics like turn in, sidewall stiffness, etc. I believe they are better in the wet, and turn in response was similar to ES100 which had a really stiff sidewall. Overall shoulder is a bit narrower than the ES100 in the 235 width. I have 235/45/17. I believe I could have went 245 and gotten away with it.

I have driven a C43 AMG with S-03s, but that car was a lot softer than mine, so I can't compare as well. I can't remember what the price differential between the two tires is anymore.

I'm sure didn't help you one bit. Maybe I can make more sense in the morning....maybe not!

Dude - you are soooo rambling. What's up with that?

You gots some 750s dont you? Do's you likes 'em or nots?
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda

2 Bennies a skin, that's what - ya puss!
    Bellevue WA

Scott's been working way too hard lately. He needs to sleep for prolly a week, or at least a good weekend. Darn tax season.

I just ordered some 750's for wifey's Z3. I'm hoping they're the right stuff, cause that Z3 ass end can drift out so easy, especially with the crappy tires on their right now. I think when I drove it last, I worked the traction control so much (at least till I turned it off) that I warped the rear rotors. I've also got new rear rotors coming in from BMA. Can't wait for nicer weather here in Chi-Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N.
    Dude - you are soooo rambling. What's up with that?

You gots some 750s dont you? Do's you likes 'em or nots?

how can traction control warp a rotor?

Default Jeff.......yeah I like the 750s alot

Is that a bit better?

I posted that last night at 12:30am from work.....I knew what I was trying to say and I knew it wasn't going to come out right......a buddy of mine came over and took the keyboard from me....haha

I'm not sure if you will get the extra $$$$ worth out of the S-03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast