GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Q : Rear stress bar for E 30 Convertibles

Default Q : Rear stress bar for E 30 Convertibles

Has anyone seen a rear stress bar for sale that fits E30 convertibles? The ones for coupes cannot fit convertibles because of the location of the top of the rear shock attachments being in the convertible top boot (as opposed to inside the trunk on the coupes). A couple of years ago, I thought I saw one that clamped itself to the rear shock absorber housings underneath the car, but I can't locate this source anymore. any leads would be welcome.
    It should be for a 87 325ic

Thanks, and no, not for me, but I was asked that question

theres so much more metal behind the back seat in a e30 convertable i don't think it'd do squat, on a regular e30 it's a single piece of sheet metal on a ic theres a boxed cavity between the seat and trunk (hint could make a killer sub enclosure if lined) plus all of the metal that makes up the boot for the top to rest in when it's down
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Winfred, got some info

quote:

There's something called a "Butt Strutt". It attaches at the rear subframe mounting points, but doesn't allow flex like the subframe does (subframe allows flex due to subframe bushings). I've never tried one, but I've read where people are very happy with them.
    http://strong-strut.com/Butt-Strut.htm
    http://strong-strut.com/bs_inspic.htm

neat never seen those, we have the douchebag deaf guy customer that keeps comming by bothering us for the safety plate that is just under the big nut and washer, his stud broke off and the only thing holding that side of the subframe is the plate that's bolted to the pinch bead at the rocker panel with 2 5mm allen bolts and it keeps trashing the plates, were up to 5 or 6 now, we can't seem to convence him that he is going to die eventially. that guy we showed his front sub frame had come loose and was about to drag the ground on one side saw god and let us put some bolts back in it (the engine/suspension was hanging from one frame rail not two)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it