GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Intermittent Coolant Level Problem

Default Intermittent Coolant Level Problem

I have a 91 525 with 75K miles. I get a “Check Coolant Level” indication when I switch off the car, but >only< when I have been driving over 65-70 mph. OK simple solution – obey the speed limit. Any thoughts short of this radical step?

Default my car will....

display a message if its overfilled or it isn't bled within an inch of its life.....i'd suggest bleeding it...mine only displays the message when i drive for more than an hour at highway speeds....think it might be time to replace the sensor, or try to clean it.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    display a message if its overfilled or it isn't bled within an inch of its life.....i'd suggest bleeding it...mine only displays the message when i drive for more than an hour at highway speeds....think it might be time to replace the sensor, or try to clean it.
    Hey Ryan, I guess this means you survived the 500-mile drive, right?
    Either that or you broke down in front of an Internet Cafe....
    1994 530iA Sold
    2003 FX-35
    1991 MR2 Turbo

Default yeah...

it went ok...after the coffee cup of water, i couldn't get it to reproduce that sound no matter what i tried...so i wiped off as much of the underside of the belt as i could get to, and picked up a dayco replacement at advance auto..gawdddd those people don't like to werk :^) i had to argue with the guy for 5 minutes to tell him that the belt listed under serpentine for my car was indeed a v belt sans the ac compressor...he kept saying that it was a dealer part..all in all, not bad for $22, not much worse than bma methinks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."