GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT interesting article

Default OT interesting article

on heath and oils and stuff...found this after researching an article saying that canola oil was toxic...had to check into it myself.

learn stuff for your health.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default I'm having a hard time digesting this :o]. m=>

It looks as though someone got their wires crossed along the way and published results based on Olestra...? Sunflower seed oil not good for you? Hmmm.... Pretty soon all cooking oils will be bad for you and we will have to resort to the super-saturated Crisco.

Here's another one, polyunsaturated fat-based oils (pretty much found in every vegetable oil) are generally not good for cooking. They are easily damaged by heat (overheating??). Once damaged, they become very toxic. On this note, I'm outta he'e.
    Hector

Default basicly what I got from it all is

the worst thing is the hydroginated/partially hydroginated oils are the worst contenders. I cook a lot and use canola oil and when I read this I did more research and canola is about the best of all the evils. That article basicly makes it sound that all oils are bad, which they probably are but I choose the lesser of evils...canola. Should try my fried chicken some time
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Yeah, H/PH are definitely fat-producing happy demons in. m=>

I too cook alot with canola (actually not that high in poly-) and olive oils. I'll try your fried chicken (hopefully, southern style) and you can try my deep fried, jumbo-size, breaded scallops .

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    the worst thing is the hydroginated/partially hydroginated oils are the worst contenders. I cook a lot and use canola oil and when I read this I did more research and canola is about the best of all the evils. That article basicly makes it sound that all oils are bad, which they probably are but I choose the lesser of evils...canola. Should try my fried chicken some time

Default yummmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    I too cook alot with canola (actually not that high in poly-) and olive oils. I'll try your fried chicken (hopefully, southern style) and you can try my deep fried, jumbo-size, breaded scallops .
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy