GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Are e30 and e34 strut mounts the same?

Default Are e30 and e34 strut mounts the same?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    I have both the e34 and e30 and no they are not the same.The e34 mount is 6 times more expensive here in Malaysia.

have you bought much stuff from noltec? I was thinking of purchasing some urethane thrust arms for my e28 from them (and e34 control arms )

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    have you bought much stuff from noltec? I was thinking of purchasing some urethane thrust arms for my e28 from them (and e34 control arms )
    I haven't bought anything yet Rob, but the guys over at eurocca.net are saying that the gear is better than what K-Mac offers (not on the e34 though). I thought on the e28, that e34 thrust arms are a direct swap. Have a look at ace-e28's setup. He's done all the work. I also found out that the "grunts" polyurethane bushings are from noltec also.

edit - I e-mailed notletc saying that the strut mounts would be different, I'll tell you what they say.
    Last edited by BigKriss; 02-08-2006 at 01:04 AM. Reason: more info

Kmac product quality has never been great, so I'm told.

Kristian, did you get my email, BTW?

best, whit

I haven't bought anything yet Rob, but the guys over at eurocca.net are saying that the gear is better than what K-Mac offers (not on the e34 though). I thought on the e28, that e34 thrust arms are a direct swap. Have a look at ace-e28's setup. He's done all the work. I also found out that the "grunts" polyurethane bushings are from noltec also.

edit - I e-mailed notletc saying that the strut mounts would be different, I'll tell you what they say.
    yeah to my knowledge the control arm is a direct swap but not the thrust arm, ace's setup uses (like alot of people in the US) noltec bushes on the e28 thrust arms and e34 control arms.
    Ace has done alot of work on his e28s, i wonder if he'll ever get an e34. He'd probably make a site to rival e34.net

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    yeah to my knowledge the control arm is a direct swap but not the thrust arm, ace's setup uses (like alot of people in the US) noltec bushes on the e28 thrust arms and e34 control arms.
    Ace has done alot of work on his e28s, i wonder if he'll ever get an e34. He'd probably make a site to rival e34.net
    Yea nice site. Kriss, I am pretty sure the K-Mac adjustable upper front shock mounts fit e34.... Nick. BTW; I'm going to make a subframe removal tool soon- just for fun

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Some E34 applications are common to the E30 type and both use the same upper spring pads. Main difference is single path vs. dual path design. E34 typical design has separate isolators for the strut rod and spring which de-couples the spring force from the damper mount allowing some compliance. E30 single path types have the spring and damper attached to the same point which can make it harsher since the isolator carries the weight of the car and must be stiffer.

Before laying out $$$$$ for these parts, maybe a trip to a boneyard is in order ($) for comparison. Keep in mind there was a damper change midway in E34 from 12 to 14mm upper threads - this could complicate your project.
    Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    ..... BTW; I'm going to make a subframe removal tool soon- just for fun
    I would be intrested on how that goes for you... I have been looking at making one also...
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34