GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: New brakes! Pics! Look!

Default New brakes! Pics! Look!

So I did the brakes on my Five hundred Twenty Five Eye last night. Actually, I should say I did "a" brake, since I only got one done.

Apparently in the moving I must have left my breaker bar at my parents house and had to take out the 19mm caliper bolts with a 3/8" rachet. On top of that, I also forgot my channel locks and had to compress the piston, again, by hand. Ow. I think they're all in the bottom half of my tool chest which requires the Grand Cherokee's attendance to move.

Anyway, here is the new setup. Once again, I couldn't figure out how to turn on the flash on my girlfriend's camera, so they didn't come out that great, I'll take another pic when I do the other side. Here they are:

Last edited by DanDombrowski; 02-04-2006 at 08:22 PM.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Is that brembo?
    what kind of pads?

dont forget to put the antirattle clip back on!!!
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip

[QUOTE=DanDombrowski]Apparently in the moving I must have left my breaker bar at my parents house and had to take out the 19mm caliper bolts with a 3/8" rachet. On top of that, I also forgot my channel locks and had to compress the piston, again, by hand. QUOTE]

Ouch is right. Maybe some of the tools i can't find are also at your parents house . Let us know what installed and what you think. I need to do the same in the not to distant future.

Lookin shiny,

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Looks nice, make sure you tell us how it works.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

They're Zimmerman cross drilled from BMA with Mintex pads. I bought the Mintex pads about 4 years ago when the tire place I had it in at said I needed new brakes. Man was I pissed when I bought the pads only to realize the pads I had were almost new! F***in discount tire places....always tryin to make a quick buck. So 4 years later I'm finally putting them on.

Here's another pic of the other side I did this morning.

And here is how my old pad compared to the new ones

I took the car for a bed in procedure, and so far the car brakes fine. Of course, no real change in braking force, but I wasn't expecting any. They're certainly not any noisier. Since I never get any brake fade unless Im on the track, I doubt the cross drilled will do anything for me except for look good, but hey, they were only a couple dollars more than OEM at BMA, and they hooked me up with shipping.

And thanks for the reminder, but I already put the anti-rattle clip back in!

Let us know how they holding up, my bremboes got messed up only after about 7k miles of regular street driving. Right now I’m sticking with cheapest rotors on the market, and the perform as good as OEMs.
    BMWoooom

Pretty, but I'm not a big fan of crossdrilled rotors.

Will do. Hopefully they hold up okay, as the only reason I put them on their was because I needed new ones. I don't want to have to buy more.

How did yours get messed up? Warped? Cracked at the holes?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    How did yours get messed up? Warped? Cracked at the holes?
    Cracking at the holes from track use. Didn't thave any problems once I went to slotted. They should be fine for street use.

are those bigger than stock rotors/calipers? haha

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip