GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Any body in Houston, TX willing ...

Default Any body in Houston, TX willing ...

to share repair work space/garage? I am in Houston and live in as Apartment and where I don’t have good place to work on Car I have decent set of tools and willing to buy more as long as I have space to keep them and use them. I would really appreciate if any body who live in Houston and is willing to share his work space and expertise with me. I can do lot of DIY thing on cars but no place to do. I could be helpful for you too if you need any helping hand/DIY partner in your work.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

regards
    Akhil

I'm in Houston...but if I have anymore auto repair work going on I'll be shot by my wife and association will threaten me with eviction.

Seriously though I was also in this dilema...when I lived in an apartment. I rented a storage space that had a concrete floor and light socket. I purchased light socket adapter so I could hook up a power cord and was set. Think I paid $75.00 or so a month...also gave me a place to store extra stuff.

I am also in Houston, but sorry I cannot offer space. I do have a few e34 specialty tools (SRS reset tool, brake bleeding kit). I also know a guy in town who sells parts very reasonably.
    Ryan
    1994 525iT

Ryan - who is your local parts source?
    Akhil - sorry, I am also without enough space for my own needs. Sounds like Callen has a good idea - rent a storage space. I once ran into a guy who was completely rebuilding a Ferrari in one of those places. He had the thing broken down into about a thousand pieces.

hmmm there's lots of us in Houston...maybe we should get Houston get together one day....may be fun to exchange war stories as we all suffer same battles.

Default Thanks a lot for you replay my Houstanian buddy..

Quote Originally Posted by callen
    hmmm there's lots of us in Houston...maybe we should get Houston get together one day....may be fun to exchange war stories as we all suffer same battles.
    Yes callen, you are right about get togather. We should have one here in houston and share time and fun at least since we all do not have space to share . Any way, I am offering a helping hand if any of you guys need, even if you don'e have space to share. I will learn from you guys too.
    I will thing about callen idea about renting a space.

By the way what part of houston are you guys in? I am in South West (Highway 6 and Bellaire Blvd)

Thanks
    Akhil

Jon at VPI 713-722-0505.
    He specializes in Volvo, but I get parts for my 525iT and my New Beetle, as long as it is not something that you really need to get from the dealer. He can't beat the online prices, but if you need something in a couple of hours, he is a good guy to go to.
    Ryan
    1994 525iT

I am at the SW corner of the Loop, but I work at Briar Forest and BW-8.
    Ryan
    1994 525iT

Default Ryan , you are not too far from my work place..

Quote Originally Posted by rps1072
    I am at the SW corner of the Loop, but I work at Briar Forest and BW-8.

I work on Post Oak Blvd right Opposite to Gallaria Mall. May be some time we should make a get togather of Houstonian board member Where are other guys lives?

Akhil