GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on my Ice + Curb incident.

Default Update on my Ice + Curb incident.

So the indy called my today with this news. Upper control arm is real ****ed, lower control arm is a bit ****ed. Need to be replaced. Lower is 115 upper is 165 (canadian prices)

Total shindig is gunna cost me about 600 dollars. A curb cost me 600 dollars. o and i still have to fix the rim.

wooohooo. thank god im not living in my own place or responsible for some other major expense. Besides insurance.

J.McWatters

those prices seem kinda steep. ever consider shopin' at the wrekers for some of the stuff?
    i got a upper control arm in good condition for 30 bucks a year ago. i know i should have bought it new ,safety, etc, etc. But 30 vs 150 is kind of tempting. just a thought.

what?? junk yard parts to replace a normal wear item?

McWatters, dont you work on your cars? 600 sounds about right, make sure he uses Lemforder parts so you dont have to replace them next year. Usually both sides are replaced at the same time as the bushings go out often. Also make sure he tightens both arms inder the weight of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by skr
    those prices seem kinda steep. ever consider shopin' at the wrekers for some of the stuff?
    i got a upper control arm in good condition for 30 bucks a year ago. i know i should have bought it new ,safety, etc, etc. But 30 vs 150 is kind of tempting. just a thought.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i know it's wrong, i know it's bad, but i just couldn't help it. the pivoting part didn't move too freely and bushing seamed ok.
    and hey, it ain't gonna just break and send me rollin on 3 weels in the next tree. hopefully it's gonna clunk first. or show some movement when i put her on a lift. hopefully...

I work on my car for some things however i have limited knowledge tho. and i figured for something as importat as the control arms i better have them done by someone who knows what their doing.

J.McWatters

Those parts were probably in need of replacement soon, anyway.

Be grateful the damage wasn't worse.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Yes that is very true. It could of been lot worse. car wise and injury wise. so im happy with the 600 dollars.

J.McWatters

wait how did you hit the curb? streght on or like just slightly hit it while driving?

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters
    So the indy called my today with this news. Upper control arm is real ****ed, lower control arm is a bit ****ed. Need to be replaced. Lower is 115 upper is 165 (canadian prices)

Total shindig is gunna cost me about 600 dollars. A curb cost me 600 dollars. o and i still have to fix the rim.

wooohooo. thank god im not living in my own place or responsible for some other major expense. Besides insurance.

J.McWatters
    Be thankful you don't live in Oz where those prices would have been 300 and 400 Canadian.

I would suggest you investigate doing them yourself - spend the labour on doing the other sides.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Let's see... McWatters, you've had your licence for 5 mins and I've had mine for 35 years. We both have done the same thing to our cars, BUT you have the excuse of ice on the road.

Good luck, I know what this repair is like. Just when I thought I had the car dialed I go and stuff it into a curb and bent the strut, curbed the wheel real bad. Hey it's only money!

Greg
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast