GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eibach/Koni's

Default Eibach/Koni's

Eibach/koni
    Should have them by the end of the week. Going with the 3mm upper spring pads for a little more drop. What should I set the front and rear koni too?
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

I have mine set to 3/4-1 (can't remember exactly) turn from full hard both front and rear w/ HR. Gives a nice firm feel. At full firm the wheels didn't follow the road as well. After 3k miles Konis do soften up, at least according to my passengers.

I agree, have mine 3/4 also. Koni/H&R

Default according to Koni themselves, this information is WRONG

"Koni's are supplied with the adjuster at full soft, as this is the recommended setting for the particular vehicle that is to be fitted with Koni's. The adjuster is primarily a wear compensation device, and should be used only when necessary. Do not overadjust." Source

Intersting I have H&R springs also. I only run at full soft and can't work out why other members on here wouldn't do so otherwise. After 12,000 miles, I haven't felt any softening up yet and I would assume that there is something wrong with your shocks if they begin to soften up after 3,000 miles.

Wow. Didn't know about that.

I haven't noticed any softening, but I do like how it rides/handles with them turned up. I did drove with them at full soft for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    "Koni's are supplied with the adjuster at full soft, as this is the recommended setting for the particular vehicle that is to be fitted with Koni's. The adjuster is primarily a wear compensation device, and should be used only when necessary. Do not overadjust." Source

Intersting I have H&R springs also. I only run at full soft and can't work out why other members on here wouldn't do so otherwise. After 12,000 miles, I haven't felt any softening up yet and I would assume that there is something wrong with your shocks if they begin to soften up after 3,000 miles.

So what size tires are all you running? I have 235/35/17 front and 255/40/17 rear on t-stars.Think i should use the smaller upper spring pads in the front?
    Ted K
    90 535 5-speed

225/50/15 front, 225/60/15 rear. Yeah the lower upper spring pad should be good to go, I would run with one on my car, but I didn't know they where available when I got my springs installed. Do you have aftermarket (low) bumpstops?

225/50/15 front, 225/60/15 rear. Yeah the lower upper spring pad should be good to go, I would run with one on my car, but I didn't know they where available when I got my springs installed. Do you have aftermarket (low) bumpstops?

Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

before I did the bilsteins them bumpstops bottomed constantly, the ride really sucked. the bilies were better but still bottomed till I cut the internal stops. (we all remeber that scenereo )
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

All shocks settle in. You probably either haven't noticed it or the sidewall on the 15s eats up all the little bumps. In my opinion extra rebound is good for a stronger spring. Koni's come with a lifetime warranty so if they do wear out a little earlier its not a biggie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast