GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMW key with flashlight?

Default BMW key with flashlight?

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get new keys cut with the BMW key with the flashlight? The one that came as an option on the E34 (and other Bimmers at the time)

Mine is just the regular key with a fat rubber head. I was gonna keep that as a spare, and get the one with the roundel and flashlight. Does BMW still make those?

I bought one not long ago from a dealer, exactly as you describe. So,yes is the answer, I guess!?!

Damian

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

Got new ones for my 635 after an accident but that was about 5 years ago.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Yes they have those available... the standard ones were all black... but the new ones have regular roundel color that is really cool

Mine definitely has a "BMW coloured" (blue, white and chrome) roundel. Of course, I'm in the UK, which you may not be, so who knows?

Unregistered Guest

Default battery for key light

Does anyone know what the battery number is or volts for the light in the key? I figured I could get a battery at walmart or radio shack, but there is no indication on the battery as to the size or type. Thanks.

Default you should do the easy LED conversion..

What I did was went to radioshack and bought a few 3v LEDs (red or white is the best), a panasonic CR1620 3V battery, x-acto knife and wire cutters.

what you do is basic circuitry. you have to cut the led wires to where they fit in the small space. the longer wire is the positive end and the other is the negative. the spring connects to the negative end and other metal part connects to the positive part. you have to cut the negative end to almost 1/4 an inch to where it just touches the end of the spring and the positive end should be about 2/3 inches long and bent to touch the other metal part. Ill post a few pics of it tonite (im at school.) the only 'hard' part is taking the x-acto knife and widening the hole so the LED can fit.

I remember that there was a great procedure already written up online complete with pics and stuff. This is how I did mine but I dont remember the site and the google search turned up nothing. Anyone know the link?

I actually had the same plan (switch to LED)... which is why I asked whether these blanks were still available. I asked my dealer recently but they quoted US$70 for one key! Although I didn't tell them my year/model Bimmer, and I'm guessing that's how much those new keys are with the built in transmitter chip and all.

I hope it doesn't cost $70 for the key with the flashlight! :P

Black Bird, just hoping... would you happen to know the part number for the key? It's a lot easier talking to the rookie parts guys who are only used to the new Bimmers.