GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Car Show Winners

Default Virtual Car Show Winners

Yes, I'm slow, but I always come through. Steady Eddie! So Here are the winners and the prizes.

Virtual Car Show Winners:

1st place:
    Jon's supercharged '92 525i 5 spd http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14174

2nd:
    brodee http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14565

3rd:
    liquidtiger720 http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14520

Honorable Mention (and just because I think they deserve a prize):
    Jr ///M5 http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=15581 (didn't take 2nd place this year because he won last year)
    Gayle http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14798
    winfred http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14295

Everyone mentioned above needs to PM me their Address and shirt size. I will send T-Shirts out. Maybe even custom ones just for the contest.
    I will also get in touch with Mark D. to see if he can provide a prize for Jon (wink, wink).

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Ed, did you look at Winfreds entry?

lmao

I accept all winners tho.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Hey, it's a great pic(s), prolly coulda made the newspaper, he caught a natural disaster. Better than all others actually. The others are stills, his evokes action, or should I say, past action!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

Congrats to all the white E34s !!! You made me proud since I was too lazy to enter.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Default Tribute to The Winners of the Virtual Car Show

Ed is taking care of the “stuff” aspect for the winners and I am taking it upon myself to handle the acclaim aspect. The cars that won are nice but the winners also won because of their stories. I am going to tell the stories of their relationships with their cars that newer members might not know.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Default Jon K No Inch of This Car Shall Go Unmodified.

I secretly suspect that Jon has planned the entire last year his strategy for winning the virtual car show. Inspired by JR’s thorough trouncing of everyone in last years virtual car show, Jon decided his car was going to be the best this year and he did it. Jon left everyone else in the dust with his winning total of 36 votes. And no one doubts for a minute that he deserved it.

Jon has more modifications to his car than any of us can count. Can you say the word custom? Jon’s car is repainted a custom color—a vw/bmw metallic green mix. He has a custom Alcantara interior that he and his seamstress mom did personally. He has a supercharger under the hood and an intercooler (whatever that is). An of course every car needs a custom CarPC with 120GB hard drive and 1GB Memory.

Jon was the first to post his entry to the virtual car show on September 17. He did not rest on his laurels after that. He continued to work on his supercharger and shared with us stories of going out for test drives up the street in his pajamas. Ideas of additional modifications popped into his head, so he shared with us the details of the megasquirt system he built between semesters. And when he is not working on his car, he does stuff to his sister’s e34 and the cars of friends.

And Jon did all his modifications on a student’s time and money budget. How does he do it? All the links to the early pictures of Jon’s car are broken, so no before and after pictures. Jon, was your car ever really stock? And you know, it doesn't hurt that Jon has such fabulous photography skills to showcase this truly one of a kind car.

Jon's beautiful custom paint job

What's under the hood

Jon's custom Alcantara interior
    Last edited by Gayle; 01-28-2006 at 05:35 AM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Here is what Jon was doing during the car show.

And the mile long list of mods deserves repeating. After all Jon, you are the man.

Exterior and Lighting:

Euro Projectors w/ Lava Lighting Philips 6000k HID
    Euro Projector Fogs w/ OEM 4300k HID
    Clear Indicators
    Hella Euro Tails
    Custom Respray (vw/bmw green mix, metallic)
    All lower trim painted
    30% Tint

Interior:

Molded Touch Screen
    Alcantara Interior (custom by self)
    All UUC Motorwerks Polished Aluminum Accessories
    Alcantara Shift Boot (made by self)
    Alcantara A and C pillars and rear parcel shelf (self)
    Home made camera mount bar
    Custom E46 Sport Steering Wheel with Alcantara Trim

Wheels and Suspension:

Rondell #72 17x8.5" and 17x10" wheels
    Kumho Ecsta 712 235/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rears
    H&R sport springs
    Bilstein Sport struts
    M-tech 3mm spring pads
    Race King Polyurethane Subframe Reinforcement Plates
    Grunt Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings
    Lemforder OEM 750i Control Arm Bushings
    Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors
    Axxis Metal Master Ultimate Brake Pads
    Bronze Painted Calipers

Engine:

'92 M50 Non Vanos
    Custom ASA Supercharger @ 6.5 psi
    1200 engine rpm stall supercharger clutch (no noise at idle)
    Custom 26x9x3" Front Mount Intercooler (anodized black) (sitting in garage)
    Bosch 30# Fuel Injectors
    Cartech Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
    UUC Motorwerks Oil Distribution Center
    Goodridge Stainless Steel Oil Lines
    Modified OBDII Dipstick for Oil Return
    K&N Filter Element
    Audi S4 Diverter valve tubing
    ATP Turbo Silicone Couplers
    Bosch 710 Diverter Valve
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow 2.5" Catalytic Converters (2 parallel)
    M5 B&B Triflow 2.5" dual Catback with 72mm tips
    Custom Oil Catch Can

Audio/Video:

Custom CarPC - 120GB hard drive 1GB Memory
    Molded VGA Touchscreen USB
    Audigy 2 NX USB 7.1 Sound Card
    Delorme USB GPS receiver
    Phoenix Gold Pro-1 Line Driver
    Audiobahn A2301Q Amplifier
    Audiobahn A8000T Amplifier
    MB Quart Q Series 3-way Components (6.5", 4", 1")
    Alpine Type-R 10" Dual Voice Coil subwoofer in spare tire mount box
    Phoenix Gold 30-Band Graphical Equalizer
    Tsunami 2 Farad Capacitor
    Modified X-Box w/ 160GB Hard Drive
    Rear View Camera
    Last edited by Gayle; 01-28-2006 at 05:36 AM.

Default Brodee A Man Who Knows His Way Around a Skirt

It is not really clear whether beautiful cars find Brodee, or Brodee finds beautiful cars, but he has a fleet to envy. I think Brodee was put on earth to find really awesome cars and then inch them along to perfection with tasteful and subtle modifications. I have seen Brodee locate awesome cars for other people too. If anything ever happens to my car, I plan to enlist Brodee in finding me a replacement because nobody shops for bmws like Brodee.

Brodee is a smart man. He understands if he keeps his lovely wife happy in her own cream puff bmw, she will tolerate his bmw habit. Brodee’s wife has the most beautiful e34 touring on earth. I don’t know if her car was the first bmw that Brodee dressed up, but he developed a following for his abilities on this board by sharing his mods to the touring. Last summer Brodee bought the 525im and quickly made a good looking car a great looking car. Here are the before and after. Isn’t the skirt just stunning?

Brodee came in second with 16 votes.

Brodee's wife's touring--his first skirt work.

Brodee's 525 before he worked his magic--perfect condition but pretty plain vanilla.

Brodee's 525 after he worked his magic. Don't ya love the wheels?
    Last edited by Gayle; 01-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.

More skirt shots. Brodee--do you get volume discounts on the clears and lowering springs?

Too much grass, not enough bimmer in this pic imho.
    Last edited by Gayle; 01-28-2006 at 05:44 AM.

Default Liquidtiger The Ugly Duckling Into a Swan Award

Josh bad mouths his car a lot. When he first got it, he called it the ugly duckling. Then he started calling it the turtle because it is so slow. Josh—it is time to start calling it something like the sexy beast because that is what your car is now.

Josh is everyone’s younger brother on this board. He is always humble and always gets our input and advice on repairs and modifications. We all feel like his car is our car, so when his car became a swan we were all proud. Josh is also a student and does not have tons of money to make modifications, but he saved his pennies and bought the most beautiful wheels on earth. He kept us all in suspense with an announcement that they were coming and made it a surprise what he had selected. It was sort of like waiting for the next movie in a series to be released with all the attendant opening day hype. It was fun.

Josh. Thank you for making us feel so involved in your car. We are all happy that you won third place with 13 votes.

Josh's ugly duckling

Josh's swan

The sexy beast?

Josh--you also deserve a special award for best artistry in an e34 photograph. I know you had a friend take them but it does not take away from what goregous photographs these are.

Last edited by Gayle; 01-28-2006 at 09:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast