1 3.70%
  • 2001 LEXUS IS300

3 11.11%
  • 2003 INFINITI G35 COUPE

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Everyones Help!!!

Default Need Everyones Help!!!

okay so i have been on this site many times reading all the postings and trying to inform myself to the best of my abilities...i am considering upgrading my 1993 525i with 125k to something a little better but not really sure what, all i know is that i cant afford a new car so i am gonna take the used car route once more (i think its the best way...less money loss)

the cars i have in mind are...

2000 BMW 328CI
    2002 BMW 330CI
    2003 INFINITI G35 COUPE
    2000 MBENZ 320 CLK
    2001 LEXUS IS300

or if i should just drive the beast until it blows!!!

thanks for all of your inputs!!!

P.S. i am still a student and dont have a lot of money on spending it on a car to be in the shop all day long like my friends dads JAG!!!
    Last edited by BMW4LIFE; 01-27-2006 at 01:59 AM.

any major probs with the car? it sortof has low mileage compared to a Lot.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

nothing really...the only thing that i noticed is that my bushings on the control arm and some other suspension links are shot (i think)
    besides that the car is fine...oh yea and i need to change the motor for the power seats cause i cant adjust the drivers seat (tiltin it back and forth)

overall i dont wanna sell the car cause of ALL THE MEMORIES but i dont want it to end up causein me tons of money cause shits starts breaking left and right

Quote Originally Posted by BMW4LIFE
    nothing really...the only thing that i noticed is that my bushings on the control arm and some other suspension links are shot (i think)
    besides that the car is fine...oh yea and i need to change the motor for the power seats cause i cant adjust the drivers seat (tiltin it back and forth)

overall i dont wanna sell the car cause of ALL THE MEMORIES but i dont want it to end up causein me tons of money cause shits starts breaking left and right
    I don't know what kind of guy you are but if you are a guy who is afraid of tools and mechanical work then replace your car... but if you pitch in and do a reasonable amount of DIY and are smart about where you buy you parts (especially because you live in the US you lucky bastard)you car can last well over 125 000 miles (200 000 km) no sweat. just a thought if you love your car...... why not keep it and save yourself all the depreciation on a near new car. its a win win situation...... but maintenence will be a pain (especially if you do it yourself) but if you are really that attached to your car then it should be worth it.
    Last edited by rob101; 01-27-2006 at 02:09 AM.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Either of the 3-series would be a good choice, particularly the 330ci, but that's not going to be cheap. You couldn't *give* me an Infiniti G35. Had one of those as a loaner for a week once and hated every minute I was forced to use it. It's a horrible piece of motorized plastic. Don't know much beyond the obvious about the Benz and Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by SRR2
    Either of the 3-series would be a good choice, particularly the 330ci, but that's not going to be cheap. You couldn't *give* me an Infiniti G35. Had one of those as a loaner for a week once and hated every minute I was forced to use it. It's a horrible piece of motorized plastic. Don't know much beyond the obvious about the Benz and Lex.

what was soo bad about it???

how was the power, ride quality, etc.

i was considering the 540i 6 speed but thats just too much car for me and the gas...**** thats another story

is the g35 stick? i worked as a valet over the summer and this dude was at the place i worked every weekend. had a 6 speed, and at the end of the summer swapped in a twin turbo Skyline engine. it was awesome. ps i voted for the 330ci.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    is the g35 stick? i worked as a valet over the summer and this dude was at the place i worked every weekend. had a 6 speed, and at the end of the summer swapped in a twin turbo Skyline engine. it was awesome. ps i voted for the 330ci.
    you guys do know the G35 is the new skyline in japan, i wouldn't mind having a drive of one they are starting to filter through to australia (grey imports)

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    you guys do know the G35 is the new skyline in japan, i wouldn't mind having a drive of one they are starting to filter through to australia (grey imports)

they're supposedly coming to the States in 2008. I saw the photos from the Tokyo auto show, pretty awesome stuff.

i'm undecided, sorta like a 350z? they say all the carbon fiber probly wont be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

I voted 330Ci, though the G35 coupe would be a close second. Drive them all though, buy the one you like.

Being a student, is buying a newer car the best path for you? All of those are $25-30k, even used. Can you afford a $500/mo payment, as well as probably at least double the insurance rates? If I were you I would put aside the $500 that you would have spent on a car payment, then use it to fix the things that crop up on the 525. You know it's good for at least another 100k, so it's just small stuff that will break. Also, the DIY tip is a good one, most things on these cars aren't hard to fix, and you have a good support system here online. Obviously do what you want, but I'm a student, and the biggest mistake my wife and I have made was buying a new 4Runner. Not because of the 4Runner, but we just got in too deep on the payments, should have just bought an older used one. Luckily we busted our asses and lived like poor people, and paid it off in half the loan term. Lesson learned, we're driving that damn thing until it dies, which being a Toyota will probably be forever.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast