GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Online Diagnostic?

Default Online Diagnostic?

I always thought that my cars engine was louder after driving it home from school than when letting it warm up to temperature without driving it, as i did to check the tansmission fluid level and when i first looked at the car. I noticed it seemed to make more noise when i would get out of my car to open the garage door (now i have a remote).

Could anyone tell me if this sounds odd or abnormal? My camera doesnt take very good videos and doesnt have an exceptional mic, but maybe someone can tell me what it means. BTW, i just adjusted the valves and it did make the engine quieter when idling and smoother when accelerating, but it still seems louder after i drive it for awhile.

Right-click and save as, i suppose: http://servo.postverket.us/alex/MVI_0130.AVI

Edit: if it would help if i revved it a bit, i can do that.

BTW, the little pop at the beginning of the video is not the engine.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Nothing?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Im surprised no one has anything to say. Anyway, this is the last bump, if i dont get an answer i will just forget about it.
    southwest WA

No definite answer from me, but your video doesn't give much to go on and its rather large MBs for the length of it and you didnt record the sound when its cold to compare it.

Perhaps it sounds louder because you're outside of the car with the hood open?

Well, the best answer I could think of is that the fan is making more noise since the fan clutch would be engaged after the engine is warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Im surprised no one has anything to say. Anyway, this is the last bump, if i dont get an answer i will just forget about it.
    DanH
    1989 535iA 254k Miles
    1992 535iM 330k Miles

That does seem loud....

Lifter noise maybe?? does it change with the rpm?
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

I will take some more videos with the lowest video quality selected because the sound is what matters. I know youre not suppoed to rev the engine in park or neutral, but it seems to me that i remember reading soomething like "if you start it in neutral and dont drive it, its ok" i will do some research.
    southwest WA