GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo! I just halved my insurance!

Default Woohoo! I just halved my insurance!

My wife has a new job and I just spoke with someone who deals with her employer's group insurance.

I signed up, and my premiums for my two cars (and my very-bad-driver wife) dropped from CDN$5300 to CDN$2600.

Beers on me! (not really)

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

beer is expenisve in canada
    i was dissapointed, but happy because im 19, HERES TO CANADA

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    beer is expenisve in canada
    i was dissapointed, but happy because im 19, HERES TO CANADA
    At least it's potable.

My English is not good, but I have to tell you: your beer is like swill to us. Do I have that right? I am saying that only a swine would drink this beer. Yes?

1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

"please return this to whatever horse it may have come from"
    -some german brewmaster upon tasting his first american beer

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

like bud light, and millerr and stuff?
    i have to let you know, USA is the greatest country on earth
    but to be honest, i dont notice a diffirence, i like molsen canadian when i got cash, and pabts blue ribbon when im broke, not a huge diffirence

heinikin is no treat for me, if money was no object, corona, or red stripe

Okay, okay, I'm gonna set you straight, young one.

Yes, Bud, Miller, Coors etc. are typical American beers, and they suck.

"Canadian" is perhaps the worst Canadian beer, but is popular because it's marketed very heavily.

There are countless good Canadian beers, but many of them won't be available where you live. Don't judge them by Molson, though. Molson is the McDonalds of beer. When you want a really good burger, do you go to McDonalds?

I've not tried Red Stripe. Corona is yellow water. I don't know how, but the Mexicans have somehow managed to convince America that Corona is a premium imported beer. It's crap, like most other things Mexican. Canada and Europe have figured this out. If you have to put lemon in your beer to give it some taste, that's a sign of something.

I grew a fondness of Heineken while living in Amsterdam, but it's not to everyone's taste.

My favorite Canadian beers are Creemore (a lager) and Keith's (an India pale ale). Try them if you get a chance. I think they're among the world's best.

I'm also fond of Asahi, from Japan, and Kingfisher, from India.

You're complaining about price? What's another dollar to drink something that doesn't taste like puddle water? You drive a BMW, after all.

You do live in a fine country (perhaps the best), but your country's insular nature has caused it to lose touch with the cuisines and beverages of the world. Put that Miller Light down, and pick up a man's drink, for god's sake.

Last edited by Jay 535i; 01-17-2006 at 03:48 PM.

1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

like 5 o-clock vodka, you have to be a man to drink that

do you like.... say sam adams?im trying to judge if you have diffirent taste or just bad taste with that heini. next time im in widsor ill check out a new beer, problem was when im blowing 80 a night in drinks, a cheap case is all i could afford. im headed to china in a few weeks, an i will be checking out there beer selection, will let you know what i think. ohh and red stripe is jamacian beer, lagar

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    like 5 o-clock vodka, you have to be a man to drink that

do you like.... say sam adams?im trying to judge if you have diffirent taste or just bad taste with that heini. next time im in widsor ill check out a new beer, problem was when im blowing 80 a night in drinks, a cheap case is all i could afford. im headed to china in a few weeks, an i will be checking out there beer selection, will let you know what i think. ohh and red stripe is jamacian beer, lagar
    Sorry, haven't tried Sam Adams.

Like I said, I used to dislike Heineken, but in Amsterdam it's everywhere and I grew an appreciation for it after four years of living there. Also, the Heineken you get in Amsterdam is very fresh, and the recipe may even be a little different since the beer doesn't have to endure long shipping times and time on the shelf. So that could have something to do with it.

I like flavorful beers. They don't have to be dark, but they have to have some taste. I especially like a bit of a barley aftertaste. To me, American beers taste like carbonated water, or worse. Many of them are made down to a price or calorie count.

If you like Japanese food, order an Asahi the next time you're in a Japanese restaurant, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Oh, and, of course, all things being equal, draft beer is preferred.

1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

red stripe tastes like ****, and in jamaica its like 20 cents a beer. if you wanan be cheap in the states just go to a beer distributor. it's like 10.99 for a 30 pack of natty ice. or, you could go for 7.99 for a case of Colt 45 22oz'ers. The you can "drink your dinner," go through 12 of the 15 in the case, fall down 3 flights of stairs, and throw up for hours on end. Harpoon Winter Warmer is good when it comes from a tap, not as good in bottles. Also their India Pale Ale. St Pauli girl for a light beer. My personal favorite is Magic Hat. www.magichat.net Theres so many different types out there that are actually worth it, as opposed to miller light. Shoot me. And 80 bucks a night on drinks, you need to become friends with a bartender man, it becomes much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast