GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 1990 e34 535i CD Changer Bracket Question

Default 1990 e34 535i CD Changer Bracket Question

Hi All -- Anyone have a facotry CD installation of the CD changer? I am trying to install and am not sure of exact positioning and hardware mounting points (and I'm admittedly being very particular not wanting to drill if I don't need to). Anyone willing to snap a few shots to show me which holes in the bracket and tray and where exactly on the parcel tray this thing bolts up? I think I have the bracket for a 12-disk (I bought it off another member of this forum) which has 3 pieces bolted together with some foam isolation blocks between them. The underside of the parcel tray has several points which might work covered in plastic? Also the bracket has many holes which may be used? The braket is folded/contoured similarly to the underside of the tray but it's not clear without instructions how this works (my dealer was too busy to walk away from his ETK to come outside to look in my car with me, too...). Does the factory install require new holes to be drilled into the parcel tray (I found that hard to swallow given the design/planning in other areas of the car's design)? BTW -- Pioneer CDX-M30 plays well with the head unit and did require me to snake a new cable up to the head unit since the connector at the changer was rectangular and the one in the car was round. I basically followed the path of the stock cable and would recommend another path as it was hours of time and patience to get trim away and dash pieces away to snake it. Appears that no adapter solution from round connector with pins to rectangular exists which would have made this so simple and elegant to install (i.e. adaptor plugged into cd changer then to the factory cable already in the trunk near the amp, thus avoiding having to run a second cable. I had ripped fingernails from the plastic carpet trim removal and a wrenched back from climbing into the trunk to work with that rubber grommet through which the wiring harness runs from the trunk to under the left back seat area...those Germans really put this thing together!). Thanks in advance -- Brad

Default I just used four of

Those angle brackets from the hardware store and a few self tapping screws.

They fitted right on to the CD changer chassis and just mounted the sucker under the driver's side corner of the trunk shelf close to the wiring.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........