GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Another BMA rave !

Default Another BMA rave !

Just received the 3rd of 3 parcels from BMA - ordered 4 days ago to the hour. I deal with wholesalers here in Oz all the time and I am hard pressed to get anything delivered much faster than this from Sydney !

What amazing service.

And at prices that would make a BMW dealer in Oz cry !

I even ordered new thrust arms and before I had the chance to say it, Patrick asked if I wanted the 750il bushings.

Some of you might not understand what customer service is all about, but surely this is it.

Now, if only I could get Patrick to understand my accent a little faster I could cut down on the phone bill !

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    Just received the 3rd of 3 parcels from BMA - ordered 4 days ago to the hour. I deal with wholesalers here in Oz all the time and I am hard pressed to get anything delivered much faster than this from Sydney !

What amazing service.

And at prices that would make a BMW dealer in Oz cry !

I even ordered new thrust arms and before I had the chance to say it, Patrick asked if I wanted the 750il bushings.

Some of you might not understand what customer service is all about, but surely this is it.

Now, if only I could get Patrick to understand my accent a little faster I could cut down on the phone bill !
    What have you bought so far?
    I'd be interested in a price comparison between the local suppliers and BMA if you've done one. Also shipping costs would be appreciated.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Default Bma . . .

[QUOTE=Some of you might not understand what customer service is all about, but surely this is it. [/QUOTE]

Ditto. Patrick & Ives are the BEST!!! I always feel guilty doing business anywhere else. They've never let me down.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Just out of curiosity how much would you pay for shipping for say, brake rotors or shocks. that is Bigger mechanic parts but not too big. and for say smaller electrical parts or bushes

I am very interested in getting parts from BMA for my 528i rebuild. mainly suspension components and some powertrain parts (engine, gearbox and diff seals/bearings/bushes)
    Last edited by rob101; 01-16-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

I usually select US Postal Services for shipping from US to Japan. Takes a bit longer but much cheaper.
    Rates to your country you can find under
    www.usps.com

Quote Originally Posted by pundit
    What have you bought so far?
    I'd be interested in a price comparison between the local suppliers and BMA if you've done one. Also shipping costs would be appreciated.
    I find that super-quick freight (4-5 days) costs about US $ 80 for 12-13 pound weight parcel.

Nissens Radiator made in Denmark for M20 5 speed US $142 plus US $78 freight (UPS 4 days to Oz) = US $200 which came to AUD $ 300.49 including bank charge for using foreign currency on Visacard. Local radiator place wanted AUD $465 for no-name radiator made in ?

Upper control arms (thrust arms) Lemfoerder with 750il bushings US $ 99 each plus freight - say US $ 16 (part of larger order and perhaps not quite this much but lets use this figure for the argument) = US $ 115 which comes to approximately AUD $ 153. The local dealer wanted AUD $ 339 for the arm and AUD 113 for the bushing = AUD $ 452 and you still have to press in the bushing.

I don't have the cost of the rear Lemfoerder dog bones with me but the saving was of a similar magnitude.

Not to mention that fan belts, radiator hoses, oil filters etc are all much cheaper.

I'm converted !

Will definitely give them a shot then, probably do a mega order to save on shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    I find that super-quick freight (4-5 days) costs about US $ 80 for 12-13 pound weight parcel.

Nissens Radiator made in Denmark for M20 5 speed US $142 plus US $78 freight (UPS 4 days to Oz) = US $200 which came to AUD $ 300.49 including bank charge for using foreign currency on Visacard. Local radiator place wanted AUD $465 for no-name radiator made in ?

Upper control arms (thrust arms) Lemfoerder with 750il bushings US $ 99 each plus freight - say US $ 16 (part of larger order and perhaps not quite this much but lets use this figure for the argument) = US $ 115 which comes to approximately AUD $ 153. The local dealer wanted AUD $ 339 for the arm and AUD 113 for the bushing = AUD $ 452 and you still have to press in the bushing.

I don't have the cost of the rear Lemfoerder dog bones with me but the saving was of a similar magnitude.

Not to mention that fan belts, radiator hoses, oil filters etc are all much cheaper.

I'm converted !

I have the same good experiece with www.autohausaz.com
    I order a lot of parts from them. Usually my friends from the E32 Club here make a list and we combine all orders.
    Now I even plan in advance and order for surface shipping, the parts we need for our usuall overhaul jobs, so there is no need to hurry. But about 1/3 of airparcel cost.
    Received first shipment some time ago, took 5 weeks from Arizona to Tokyo/Japan, including customs clearance = arrival at my home. Here they do it quite efficient at the post office, they check the invoice and (maybe sometimes) the parts and upon delivery to my home I can immy pay customs duty, not a single customs paper to be filled out by me or time spent driving to somewhere where the customs office is.

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    Will definitely give them a shot then, probably do a mega order to save on shipping
    Be careful with a mega-order as it might bring you to the attention of customs etc and you might get slugged with duty, GST and import tax.

Keep the orders small and hopefully you should be OK.

oooh sneaky ;-)