GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ground control coilovers

Default ground control coilovers

Any one running the ground control / Koni conversion on their e34 ---Especially the 540's? Yeah/neah... Any recommendations? BTW they are discontinued according to Ground control web page... I bought a set just to have the option in case they dried up but don't know as of yet when I'll install them. While we're talking, I'd like thoughts from people that have done the suspension replacements. (thrust arms, bushings, body beam bushings, the lot...) My car is a pleasant weather daily driver- no track time, but I prefer a track like ride & performance.

Default neah means nay

yeah I should really spell check when I've been drinking.

i've never heard of it.. the only coilovers i've seen are some a guy on here posted from a site in germany..

how low can you get the car with teh ground control? any photos? website?

thanks..
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

http://www.mpactmotorsports.com/cata...93565674499898

SWEEEEEEEET .. only i am giving my e34 to my sister in a few months.. should i waste the money, hmm.
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    http://www.mpactmotorsports.com/cata...93565674499898
    SWEEEEEEEET .. only i am giving my e34 to my sister in a few months.. should i waste the money, hmm.
    Caution- Check these are not for e36 (an easy typo in the website?) as this would be the first anyone has heard of this- a couple of e34s have the GC kit (at thousands plus inc luding shocks and install) and the results have not been well discussed. If this is true, let us know once you have them in. I always wanted a set, but the stock stuff is not bad as long as you get the right combo (a lot of people screw drivability/practicality/road balance/damping and harshness up searching for ride height above all considerations) and this is the current argument against these kits for the e34.

Oh and does one need to cut one's strut housings down as Ground Control were rumoured to be doing when installing the 'pre-production' (?) versions

BTW; This kit (if it is for e34) would also fit e32, but the spring rates would be incorrrect, whether there is enough adjustment to manage it- and what the ride would be like after that- who knows, it might become too stiff.

You can buy coil-overs in europe, about 200 euro a set of 4. The word there is that they are crap. I am unsure if that is because they come with inappropriate shocks and/or springs or just have crumby shocks.

Do check, buy and report- we'd love to know- after reading the blurb it sounds great and at $339 it seems like a good option to the $200 odd springs everyone else buys Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 01-16-2006 at 03:00 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

kinda hard to type, "Ground Control 89-95 BMW 5 Series (E34) Coilover Kit," then realize that it's a typo. Even in the description, it states that it's for the e34. But who knows.

one of the reasons I'm broke...

Quote Originally Posted by romeox929
    kinda hard to type, "Ground Control 89-95 BMW 5 Series (E34) Coilover Kit," then realize that it's a typo. Even in the description, it states that it's for the e34. But who knows.
    Agreed, but not if you are 'creating 'content from a parts list and read it wrong, or stuff up a cut and paste fro a spreadsheet. I agree, this looks good- but where is the publicity otherwise? Perhaps someone local could call Ground Control and let us know- is it real, it sure looks it.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Default Kris.....watch yourself here.....

urethane bushings, KMACs, and rrt arms could also be considered "only for a track car" and you are using those on your daily driver that will see little track time. The converse is arguable that an AUTO tranny is NOT for the track, yet you maintain your auto tranny!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    coil overs, why bother? it's only for a dedicated track car.