Greetings, fellow Bimmer nuts!

I recently came into posession of my first BMW--a 1992 525i. Loved it from the first mile! That includes the miles after I discovered the radiator was toast (to be fair, there were no more miles since I figured that out until I had a chance to fix it).

Well, that day was today. Plunked in a new radiator, water pump, thermostat (what's with the paper gasket for the thermostat housing??? Bentley and AuthoHaus AZ didn't mention that!). Also put in a new coolant level sensor since the pervious owner said the current one was on the fritz (the coolant level warning was appearing on the dash but would go out after 10 miles of so).

Only problem: the coolant level sensor wasn't hooked up on the old radiator! If it was, the plug gave no resistance and then mysteriously disappeared in the engine bay. I did find two unhappily sut wires (judging from the muck on the ends, these were cut a while ago before I got the car).

Question: could these wires be for the coolant level sensor? They come from in front of the radiator on the left side of the car... one is orange, the other blue/red. If these are indeed the wires... how the heck do I get a plug to splice back into it?

If not... what does the plug look like? I found one plug that "y-split" off the headlight wires, but that looked like it should go to the foglights (which my car currently does not have--have to work on replacing those once I'm back on the road) since there was an identical one on the passenger side.

Any help is tremendously appreciated. I'd love to stop that infernal dinging when I start the car and see something other than "coolant level" staring me in the face every time I look at the dash!

Here's to the first of many happy and helpful discussions to come...

-Chad
Northern AZ