GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ::.. Sneaky Pete NOS Kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ::.. Sneaky Pete NOS Kit

How's this for that extra shot of power when you need to flex the muscles a bit?

EXAMPLE: http://www.performancecenter.com/aut...s05029nos.html

The Sneeky Pete was designed as a true "cheater kit." This kit will allow a user to obtain that extra tenth of a second without being obvious. It was designed as a very compact, simple-to-use nitrous only injection system. It will be necessary to jet carburetors a little richer while being "sneeky" because no additional fuel source is utilized. The kit comes complete with a super slim 10 oz. bottle, a nitrous solenoid, nylon nitrous line, wiring, 9 volt battery holder, and an assortment of jets.

:: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

cant use it on FI cars or youll fry the tops of the pistons and valves without the extra fuel.

What Nos does is trick the engine into thinking it has a LOT more air, like forced injection but they both need more fuel to actually make power, without the fuel it is a serious lean condition. (ie: detonation or VERY serious spark knock+ added heat)
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I beg to differ about that. You sure can use it on a fuel injected motor (trust me I know). With a small enough shot (for some cars up to 100hp or more) most stock engine management and fuel systems can compensate just fine as long as they use a hot-wire MAF.

Since the nitrous come out in a gaseous state at a very low temperature, it cools the hot wire of the maf significantly (which how it meters air flow, by the amount of cooling). While this is far from being an exact calculation, it works extremely well in most cases, causing the computer to dump more fuel. You can prevent detonation and give yourself some more margin for error detonation-wise by running higher octane fuel.

100 and 104 are available un-leaded (at some gas station) which will not damage O2 sensors like their leaded (not road legal) counterparts (104-116 + octane).

Looking at some other threads I see posts about saving up for "real" mods like a turbo, blower, or better flowing/higher compression engine rather than using nitrous. Why not do both? Nitrous loves compression and boost and has a natural intercooler effect due to the extremely low tempurature.

Unfortunately, you'll barely feel a 50 shot on cars as heavy as an e34.

84 GPz 750 Turbo
    04 YZF-R1 "sport tourer"
    01 CBR600F4i "now track monkey"
    01 LS1 Formula M6
    94 BMW E36 318is
    94 BMW E34 530i
    91 BMW E34 M5(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by over the edge
    I beg to differ about that. You sure can use it on a fuel injected motor (trust me I know).
    He meant Forced Induction -- not Fuel Injection. I think. The double-meaning acronym bugs me.

AFAIK nobody around here uses nitrous on their E34. Is there a good reason for that? I've always been curious. Another 100bhp sure would be nice, even if it only lasts for 10 seconds. 10 seconds of full-throttle with that kind of power would put you into license-losing territory anyway.
    Last edited by Jay 535i; 03-05-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 535i
    He meant Forced Induction -- not Fuel Injection. I think. The double-meaning acronym bugs me.

AFAIK nobody around here uses nitrous on their E34. Is there a good reason for that? I've always been curious. Another 100bhp sure would be nice, even if it only lasts for 10 seconds. 10 seconds of full-throttle with that kind of power would put you into license-losing territory anyway.
    That makes even less sense... nitrous is basically an intercooler in a bottle! The fastest turbo cars use nitrous to spool their big turbos.

Regarding nitrous on E34s... A dry shot worked great on my 91 M5... (chipped, cam gears).

84 GPz 750 Turbo
    04 YZF-R1 "sport tourer"
    01 LS1 Formula M6
    94 BMW E36 318is
    94 BMW E34 530i
    91 BMW E34 M5(gone)

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/n...idden_systems/

The NX incognito kit is a lot better than the NOS sneaky pete and is still pretty compact and easy to install. Its cheaper as well and the parts aren't as crappy (9 volt battery powered, cmon).

84 GPz 750 Turbo
    04 YZF-R1 "sport tourer"
    01 LS1 Formula M6
    94 BMW E36 318is
    94 BMW E34 530i
    91 BMW E34 M5(gone)

i'd love to nitrous my intercooler so it freezes..
    oh wait i gotta get an intercooler first =]