GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Replacement keys

Default Replacement keys

I lost one of my keys last week and need some replacements. Any online shops sell these? The stealer here is too high. All I need is a plain key, no light, nothing fancy, just a key. Contacted BMA but they've not responded back. No word from Pelican Parts, either.

what BMW model and built year do you have? With EWS with the chip inside or without?
    If without, just buy on the auction house *bay a BMW key blank and bring it to a locksmith specialized on car keys to make a copy. But of course you still have to have a spare.
    Ot find the next car locksmith in your area Find a Locksmith

If no spare to make a copy, the fastest is your local BMW dealer, he can order one from BMW to git your doorlocks and ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    what BMW model and built year do you have? With EWS with the chip inside or without?
    If without, just buy on the auction house *bay a BMW key blank and bring it to a locksmith specialized on car keys to make a copy. But of course you still have to have a spare.
    Ot find the next car locksmith in your area Find a Locksmith

If no spare to make a copy, the fastest is your local BMW dealer, he can order one from BMW to git your doorlocks and ignition.
    It's a 1994 525i. Not sure if it has the EWS chip or not. I'll call around on Monday then will order a couple of blanks. The last time I think I faxed BMA a copy of my title and ID and they had one sent to me but it's been a while.

If your key has a transponder chip in it (you can't really tell) the ignition key barrel will have a transponder antenna ring around it. Eg. instead of being a 30-35mm diameter black brass bezel, it will be a 45mm+ plastic one. If you have that, you will need a transponder key. Suggest you earch for some recent threads in this forum re others having key trouble...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!