GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Miscellaneous Electrical Problems "Help!"

Default Miscellaneous Electrical Problems "Help!"

I bought a 92 E36 and the problem I was told was just the Alternator which I replaced. It worked, now I ended up with miscellaneous electrical problems. They are the following:
    1. The Power Windows and Sun Roof does not have any power. I looked at the fuse box and unfortunately it does not mention anything about the power windows / roof fuse.
    Is there another fuse box or relay or what ever where in the power windows draw current?
    2. Intermittent rear stop light and license plates failure. The funny thing is when the head lights are switched on, the turn (right) turn indicator light is illuminated faintly when I step on the brakes.
    It is a mess but I have to live with it now since I own the car.
    Is there anybody out there that have a schematic of the Power Windows and Sun Roof circuitry, can I have a copy even if I have to pay for it?
    Thanks,

the windows/sun roof is the "comfort relay" it's in a small box under the dash by the column, i can't remember the exact position out of 4 or 5 spots in the box it's a tall relay and the problem is a bad solder joint on the board inside

the faint turn signal is a bad ground somewhere on the car (bad ground can back track a circuit to stuff you wouldn't beleave), hard to say where just start checking plugs and bulb sockets on the effected areas if that comes up dry look at the harness for brown wires grounding to the body and check that connection
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I'm surprise that it does not say anything on the Chilton Book. Thank you so much. I know that I will be writing again about the under carriage suspension, differential and other stuffs.

I have located the relays that you are talking about and indeed there is 5 of them. The problem is trying to remove the whole assembly or should I not remove it. It is so difficult to reach because it is imbedded under all the wiring harness. Is there any way to pry it out (assembly) or is there any clips that hold the assembly to the wall?

it's one of the taller relays that's the problem, the solder joints inside the plastic cover on the relay need to be redone and it will work again, it's about twice as tall as a normal relay and it has a small circuit board inside with the relay soldered to it, the solder joints that connect the relay to that are the problem
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

This is not good, I have openned up the whole under dash of the car and if your description is good, I do not have the relay among all of the relay that is under the dash. What is worst is if we are on the same page, there is only one relay on the unit that is attached on the side of the wall (above the speaker) and the color is orange. It is also facing up. There are other relays which are tied to the steering column. I'm really confused. Bad thing is I was looking at the color of the wires that comes from power window switch are solod colors and seems like none of them are going to the harness. Help, help help, help!!!!!