GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Clicking from right front of car

Default Clicking from right front of car

Hey gang!
    I have two issues I need help with (perhaps they are related). First, it seems as of late that my brake pedal travels farther than before when I go to stop the car. It doesn't feel tight. I havd the car serviced prior to a trip to the mountains and the brakes were found to be in good shape.
    Second, there is a clicking noise that comes from the right front side of my car, ONLY after I have driven somewhere, stopped then continued on. If my car sits for a coupld of hours it doesn't make the sound. If my car sits for 10-30 minutes (give or take) it makes the clicking sound and continues until I have driven it for a coupld of miles. Then it stops.

Any sugestions on either issue?

Thanks!
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

I had a similar problem on my Miata and the caliper was locking on when the brakes were applied. Check for extreme heat on rotor after a drive (don't directly touch rotor!). All the wheels should be the same temperature. One of mine was frozen and at night the rotor would glow orange it was so hot. Clicking can also be a wheel bearing. You're gonna need to play detective and narrow it down.

or a rock in the treads?
    Quote Originally Posted by laguner
    Clicking can also be a wheel bearing. You're gonna need to play detective and narrow it down.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by laguner
    I had a similar problem on my Miata and the caliper was locking on when the brakes were applied. Check for extreme heat on rotor after a drive (don't directly touch rotor!). All the wheels should be the same temperature. One of mine was frozen and at night the rotor would glow orange it was so hot. Clicking can also be a wheel bearing. You're gonna need to play detective and narrow it down.
    Thanks..I'll check that out. The sound is definately metallic and fades as I drive for a bit.

Michael
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

check the shield behind the rotor, once they get bent its real hard to get them so they dont hit or rub.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy