GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Dinan Sways

Default Dinan Sways

Do you guys know if the Dinan sways from a 89 535 will fit a 93 525. I know the chasis is the same but Dinan list diff part numbers for the front bar and the Dinan guy at Long Beach BMW said that the diff was because of the engine differences. I thought that the m-tec and r/d sways were universal so I don't know why the Dinan wouldn't be.
    Im going down to have seller install tommorow to see if they fit, is there any specifics besides clearance that I should check for?

For those of you who say why don't you get the correct ones,these are used and Im getting a good deal.

thanks in advance
    Darron
    [IMG][/IMG]

They sways will fit fine. As you where saying the chassis is the same across all e34 sedan models.

" I thought that the m-tec and r/d sways were universal so I don't know why the Dinan wouldn't be." - Thats what I'm thinking.

I believe the 540 ones are required for the V8 cars but will also fit all other models. The 525/535 models don't fit the V8 cars.

I *think* this correct. Anyone?
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

thanks Jeff and Kriss.

darron
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by darron525
    thanks Jeff and Kriss. darron
    I am unsure if the 535 won't fit the 540, they were similar enough we (Kriss and I) did not notice the difference. Can guarantee that 540 fits 535- and therefore 525... Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

just on a update note, they did not fit.

darron
    [IMG][/IMG]

wtf, swaybars from a 89 535 will fit a 93 525. What difference was there? did the front and rear bars both not fit, can you show us some pics. I find it very hard to believe.

I thought that this applied to all swaybars that the e34 525, 530, 535 and M5 used exactly the same bars.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    wtf, swaybars from a 89 535 will fit a 93 525. What difference was there? did the front and rear bars both not fit, can you show us some pics. I find it very hard to believe.

I thought that this applied to all swaybars that the e34 525, 530, 535 and M5 used exactly the same bars.
    Kriss,

let me clarify, he did not try to install them, he looked under my car, went back in the shop, looked under my car, went back in, looked under my car and said that he didn't think they would fit becuase of some extra bracket that bmw put on the big six as oppsed to the small one. I did not look and really had no clue what he was talking about but, just all of the confusion made me say nevermind.

Here is the pic [IMG][/IMG]

darron
    [IMG][/IMG]

Okay Darren, I thought they would fit and I was going to say

"Darren you will often find here that the members here are more knowledgable than a workshop owner will ever be.

Well he's pulling your leg. What extra bracket is there? There isn't any extra bracket. At the front there are two swaybar links which attach to the struts of the car and there are two brackets which mount to the body of the car to hold the swaybar.

Let me show you realoem to clarify exactly what I mean. Lets use the front swaybars as examples."

E34 1989 535i Front stabilizer bar ETK number 31351133718
    e34 1992 525i Front stabilizer bar ETK number 31351139017

The part numbers are different, I assumed they would fit. Oh well, i was probably wrong. They don't fit. I honestly thought though aftermarket swaybars fit across all e34 models.