GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bma Wtf

Default Bma Wtf

So, I ordered a couple of small items from BMA about a week and a half ago. One of the items was not listed in their online catalog- so I sent a request and received a prompt email reply from Yves with pricing. I called to order, since I didn't think it would make sense to try to order something online that was not in their online catalog. I spoke to Patrick, he said that he could ship the stuff USPS Priority mail since it was small and light. Got the parts today, and on top of the ~$60 parts price is a $12.00 shipping charge.

In an email reply, Yves said that they cannot afford to absorb the free shipping on phone orders since the phone order prices are generally better than their web prices.

I dunno, but I wish someone would have the sense to set their prices so that everyone gets the same price, and the same "free" deals as everyone else- no matter how the order is placed. I hate buying something, only to find out that if I had mentioned the secret password, or given them the secret handshake- I could have gotten it cheaper!!!

I realize that things like "Free shipping" are not truly free- but this just hit me the wrong way.

Bret.

WOW... thats darn underhanded for BMA... maybe I will just get the parts of ebay instead....
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

priority mail costs a lot more than standard mail. If you dont need it real fast thats what I do the free way.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

They've made this policy clear from the start.

The price they give you over the phone is always cheaper than the price you see on their website......when you ask why, they will tell you it is b/c of the shipping factor.

Either way you are paying for shipping.... Period. I would not call it underhanded at all. Their margins are small on almost everything. It's not like they are making 30%

I think you should get your parts on Ebay if you wish to react this way.....and get what you deserve.

I've ordered 10k in **** from BMA in 5 years. I can count on one hand how many times I've been screwed by it and 2 of those 3 times it was UPS screwing up the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote
    WOW... thats darn underhanded for BMA... maybe I will just get the parts of ebay instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H

The price they give you over the phone is always cheaper than the price you see on their website......when you ask why, they will tell you it is b/c of the shipping factor.
    I musta missed the policy.. but last time I ordered stuff it was over the phone (because the website kinda sucks) and if I wanta it normal mail it was free... I needed it next day so I didn't go for it.

Ebay is better then the stealership for what it's worth. I guess I am just an ass about venders. I am in charge of a couple 250000 dollar a year contracts and one stupid move from a vender and off to a new one I go
    I miss my e34

Quote Originally Posted by Rigmaster
    So, I ordered a couple of small items from BMA about a week and a half ago. One of the items was not listed in their online catalog- so I sent a request and received a prompt email reply from Yves with pricing. I called to order, since I didn't think it would make sense to try to order something online that was not in their online catalog. I spoke to Patrick, he said that he could ship the stuff USPS Priority mail since it was small and light. Got the parts today, and on top of the ~$60 parts price is a $12.00 shipping charge.

In an email reply, Yves said that they cannot afford to absorb the free shipping on phone orders since the phone order prices are generally better than their web prices.

I dunno, but I wish someone would have the sense to set their prices so that everyone gets the same price, and the same "free" deals as everyone else- no matter how the order is placed. I hate buying something, only to find out that if I had mentioned the secret password, or given them the secret handshake- I could have gotten it cheaper!!!

I realize that things like "Free shipping" are not truly free- but this just hit me the wrong way.

Bret.
    That's been my experience with them also.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Apples & Oranges

Last time I checked, we didn't sign any SLAs with our parts supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote
    I am in charge of a couple 250000 dollar a year contracts and one stupid move from a vender and off to a new one I go

Neither Do I....

This isn't worth "fighting" about....

I already said that I am a complete ass to my vendors.. just call and ask one of my rep's...

different views different people
    Last edited by dacoyote; 01-12-2006 at 03:56 PM.
    I miss my e34

My experience has been that if you order a >$50 through the website and then put comments asking to add a few other things to the order at their prices you obtained through email, you'll still get the free shipping.

If you just order by phone or email, then they'll charge shipping. Also, they'll try to price match if you find a lower price than on their website elsewhere.

As matter of fact, I have an order from them thats sitting on a UPS truck right now, or so the tracking says "Out for Delivery."

I'll have to see what the breakdown is when it arrives.
    DanH
    1989 535iA 254k Miles
    1992 535iM 330k Miles

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    priority mail costs a lot more than standard mail. If you dont need it real fast thats what I do the free way.

what?!??! no way!

i shipped ice skates from NJ to TX and it was a 70 cent difference
    'tween priority and parcel post with the USPS

it was also 7-9 days vs 2 days delivery time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast