GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension Overhaul

Default Suspension Overhaul

I have had my '92 535 for about a month and love it. I have read about the shimmy associated with the E34. So what are some good companies to use to do a basic suspension overhaul. i.e. bushings, tie rod ends, etc. etc. I bought my car for $2000 usd cash because the transmission does not have reverse. Ha and yes I still drive it. It gets kinda complicated finding the right parking space, but I would still rather drive my 5 with a busted tranny than my 2004 Taurus. Ah well anyways the car came with a Dinan exhaust, Dinan chip, Dinan Intake, and wait yes the DINAN FLOORMATS. Which, by the way, are pretty worn now. I dont think I'll spend 200 on floormats. The dealer didn't know about the aftermarket parts and best of all car only has 98,000mi on the odo. So if anybody can give me some recommendations for my suspension that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

How much money do you have to spend and what type of ride are you looking for? I need some more information dude. Do you want to do suspension as well as steering?

I'm interested in your Dinan intake, I've never seen one before.

what are you looking to replace everything or just the thrust arms and bushings? doin it yourself or sacrificing your first born to have it done? If the former call BMA and het the thrust arms with the 750 bushings
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Well I guess I'm wanting to spend maybe around 500 that is why im trying to steer clear of dinan for this upgrade. I don't want to get a crappy brand either. I'd like to have stiffer, more controlled ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    How much money do you have to spend and what type of ride are you looking for? I need some more information dude. Do you want to do suspension as well as steering?

I'm interested in your Dinan intake, I've never seen one before.

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

OT:I'd rather spend on having a reverse gear parallel parked facing downhill is just scary.

one of the reasons I'm broke...

Quote Originally Posted by clhorton
    Well I guess I'm wanting to spend maybe around 500 that is why im trying to steer clear of dinan for this upgrade. I don't want to get a crappy brand either. I'd like to have stiffer, more controlled ride.
    500 will get you bilstein sport shocks, but then you'd need lowering springs first...koni is a bit more expensive, so that's out of the question.

Have you looked into your upper/lower control arms? big difference it makes if they are worn out and replaced with new lemforder ones.

all in all, you'll need more than 500 just because you own a BMW.

one of the reasons I'm broke...

Ha yeah I'm getting a new tranny next week. Anybody on here have one for sale. 92 535 Automatic
    Quote Originally Posted by romeox929
    OT:I'd rather spend on having a reverse gear parallel parked facing downhill is just scary.

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

Yeah, I'm wanting to change my bushing. Really all and all I just want the stock ride back. I just have a lot of looseness in the front end I know shouldnt be there and if I have to replace the bushings and all anyways, why not go ahead and upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by romeox929
    500 will get you bilstein sport shocks, but then you'd need lowering springs first...koni is a bit more expensive, so that's out of the question.

Have you looked into your upper/lower control arms? big difference it makes if they are worn out and replaced with new lemforder ones.

all in all, you'll need more than 500 just because you own a BMW.

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Dude... you are asking to get flammed..... here comes another 20 posts....
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast