GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The beginning of something.. well Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters
    alrighty thanks for all the advice, and no i just got my license today and insurance has not been processed yet so i need to do that before showin up a school with one of the best cars J.McWatters
    Hey dude, well done & good luck. You've been welcome here as everyone else is, but I had no idea you were not 'mobile' as the rest of us are: That's full-on you are well organised about ur rig, coming here a year earlier than the rest of us! Anyway, yea do a driving course cos ur BMW will drive well (but only if u can) and f$%* the insurance, it costs so much to prang one a driving course is a money well spent, esp. in the UK on wet or semi-frozen roads. A word of warning, these are heavy cars- they slide a long way on ice and destroy anything they hit very well. Let alone cost a lot to fix, so enjoy their finesse without stressing the thing to its limits jic the limits were a little closer than they appeared I guess in driving for many years that's what you learn (on the street): add more room jic u got it wrong when u glanced (or any of the other road-users got it wrong doing whatever they were doing- which can include talking on the mobile, having an argument, adjusting their hat, genitals and/or make-up, thinking they were driving the other way or just plain got distracted checking out the scenery (2 legged or otherwise)... not that any of us would ever do this... )

Hoping ur future posts will be all good news stories dude, Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Two words for you Joel--DEFENSIVE DRIVING. Just assume that everyone around you is about to do something totally stupid at any and every second. Watch them like hawks and leave yourself enough room to compensate for their f-ups.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

So in my case everyone is guilty till proven innocent :P

thanks for all the good words. this advance driver course i might just have to do it.

J.McWatters

So in my case everyone is guilty till proven innocent :P thanks for all the good words. this advance driver course i might just have to do it.J.McWatters
    Heh Enjoy dude, if its expensive just imagine its cheaper than learning to skydive adn the next best thing. Go for it.

Reason 1) Its fun 2) You might learn something 3) even if you don't you'll be (statistically speaking) less of a piluk than most road-users who still can't drive after a few years...

I personally like the fun bit. Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

So in my case everyone is guilty till proven innocent :P
    Yes they are innocent until proven guilty but you want to be alert and prepared so that your e34 doesn't have a bonding experience with the guilty ones--the ones who suddenly change lanes or who fails to notice that traffic ahead of them is stopping until it is too late.

Maybe I have just been driving in California too long that I think this way.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

While reading all this about just getting your license (Congrats) one thought keeps going through my mind . . . God I feel old.

Curt.
    Curt.

1994 530iT (gone but not forgotten since I see it every day!)
    1991 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Yes they are innocent until proven guilty but you want to be alert and prepared so that your e34 doesn't have a bonding experience with the guilty ones--the ones who suddenly change lanes or who fails to notice that traffic ahead of them is stopping until it is too late.

Maybe I have just been driving in California too long that I think this way.
    No it happens everywhere Gayle. All the vids are on the 'Net: ie drunks trying to drive (and failing), hookers (on the job whilst on the move), drug freaks, criminals, even coppers that should be in Policve Academy 9 instead of behind the wheel in the real world. I guess the world isn't soo bad as I make it sound but this is not about the how, more about the when- that is almost all we have control over when out ther ourselves; doing the best not to have it happen to us.

Here in Aus NRUVs (ie No Real Utility Vehicles) are less popluar so at least one stands a chance during an accident if in a normal vehicle here. "Baby squashed behind dual wheels of a RV, driver unable to see' has not happened here yet- we've only had kids squashed by 4WDs in school car parks hit the news so far, but the media loves it, and it divides the masses over unimportant issues thus taking our minds off the influential making money or avoiding tax inethically... just more OT opine. Forgive me for I ramble, sorry. No more..

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12