GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 535i rear speakers

Default 535i rear speakers

I have discovered that my rear shelf speakers are missing. The sound is suprisingly good even so, but i would like to return it to stock condition.

Where can i purchase the rear shelf speakers for my car? Ideally i would want to obtain them from someone who has upgraded their stereo system and no longer has any use for the OE speakers. For the price they are new, i think i could get by without.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

I have some, i currently listed them for sale on ebay along with other E34 parts, take a look.... http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmagatelov

Mike
    '91 ///M5

i wouldn't even bother getting them.. rear speakers are only for "fill"
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Default You said so because you always seat at the drivers place.

Should ask rear passengers about.

Javier

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    i wouldn't even bother getting them.. rear speakers are only for "fill"
    Wouldnt i get more bass though? I have seen the front lower speakers described as mid-range.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Are those quart speakers OEM? I know the tweeters in the front are made by Nokia.

Quote Originally Posted by Misha
    I have some, i currently listed them for sale on ebay along with other E34 parts, take a look.... http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmagatelov

Mike
    '91 ///M5
    southwest WA

Theya are not OEM, but i also have oem from '89 535. Make an offer.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I have discovered that my rear shelf speakers are missing. The sound is suprisingly good even so, but i would like to return it to stock condition.

Where can i purchase the rear shelf speakers for my car? Ideally i would want to obtain them from someone who has upgraded their stereo system and no longer has any use for the OE speakers. For the price they are new, i think i could get by without.
    don't punish your rear seat passengers with the OE rears.. they surprised me with their crapness... it's like stuffing mud into your ears and listening to ipod headphones (which themselves are utter rubbish!)

get a decent pair of 5" 2-ways. once the covers are back on noone can tell what brand they are, but they will at least sound decent! i think my rears are clarion, i wanted JBL but the magnets were massive and i couldn't fit them in without cutting bits out of the car

It appears that the previous owner already solved the problem of cutting bits out of the car to make speakers fit. The metal under the speakers is shaved away a bit to allow for speakers with larger magnets, so i wont have a problem there. The problem is, i only have about $200 to spend freely on whatever i want for my car, not counting necessary parts and other non-frivolous expenses.
    southwest WA