GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: Ralph - how about those 'Horns?

Default OT: Ralph - how about those 'Horns?

Pretty exciting game, huh?

So, think Reggie will wind up in Houston next year?

Default Not hooked on Horns

What about em. The refs in the booth and on the field blew the call (no replay) when Vince's knee was obviously down prior to getting off a completed pass in the first half. They must must have gotten a call from the other BUSH to ignore the obvious. The USC linebackers were missing all night. Did they make a tackle? Carroll gifted the winning drive by running on fourth and one instead of punting. If anything, I would have given it to Reggie. At least he could have dived for it.
    The BCS is a sham for a few Bowls and corporate sponsors. A playoff system is still needed. I know a team that Texas definitely would not want play again THIS season. A team they beat earlier in the season. I won't even say the name but if you know anything about real football, shouldn't be necessary. Just ask Charie Weiss.
    They play again next season, unfortunately the cast of characters for both teams won't be the same. After Vince looks at this years national title team's picture next to the last one "THE UNIVERSITY" won, he'll be in the NFL next year too. Now I can get back to the Bimmers.
    Willobmw
    Last edited by willobmw; 01-05-2006 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikell
    Pretty exciting game, huh?

So, think Reggie will wind up in Houston next year?
    Great Game! It could have gone either way, I just wish it went the other way.

GO TROJANS and Fight On!
    Ralph

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by willobmw
    What about em. The refs in the booth and on the field blew the call (no replay) when Vince's knee was obviously down prior to getting off a completed pass in the first half. They must must have gotten a call from the other BUSH to ignore the obvious. The USC linebackers were missing all night. Did they make a tackle? Carroll gifted the winning drive by running on fourth and one instead of punting. If anything, I would have given it to Reggie. At least he could have dived for it.
    The BCS is a sham for a few Bowls and corporate sponsors. A playoff system is still needed. I know a team that Texas definitely would not want play again THIS season. A team they beat earlier in the season. I won't even say the name but if you know anything about real football, shouldn't be necessary. Just ask Charie Weiss.
    They play again next season, unfortunately the cast of characters for both teams won't be the same. After Vince looks at this years national title team's picture next to the last one "THE UNIVERSITY" won, he'll be in the NFL next year too. Now I can get back to the Bimmers.
    Willobmw
    lol sour grapes

The way the TX offense was playing, do you honestly think a few extra yards would have mattered? If anything it might have helped them playing with more field behind them.

Regardless of its flaws, the BCS gave us 3 VERY good and well matched games. It works to a point, and you have to give it that.

Reggie is great and all, but he's not a 4th and 1 guy...he doesn't have that body imho. The TX defense was keying on him and did a good job of throttling him. Lindale White tore us a new one every time he touched it.

Several calls could have gone either way, to me, its even. You can't hang the game on any one call. A few calls could have gone for tx. Its even imho.

Nobody had an answer for Vince Young. You can cover all the receivers, but you can't account for his raw speed and agility. He changed the game and willed this win. Oh yes. Pour on the excuses Matt Leinart, Vince Young stepped up and won the game for his team. UT beat you guys, you didn't just lose, you were beaten fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    Great Game! It could have gone either way, I just wish it went the other way.

GO TROJANS and Fight On!
    Ralph
    Ralph, you will have to change codes and support your national football team at the World Cup in 6 months time - far more exciting and dare I say it - a much better game !

Remind me, just how many countries play gridiron anyway ?

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    Ralph, you will have to change codes and support your national football team at the World Cup in 6 months time - far more exciting and dare I say it - a much better game !

Remind me, just how many countries play gridiron anyway ?
    Isn't going to happen! It doesn't matter how many countries love soccer.t just doesn't appeal to me. I will support the USA though.

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    Isn't going to happen! It doesn't matter how many countries love soccer.t just doesn't appeal to me. I will support the USA though.
    They call American gridiron : football, they call rugby union : football, they call rugby league : football, they call aussie rules : football ; and they call football : soccer !

No worries Ralph, horses for courses.

Just don't call it soccer !

What's the largest sporting event in the world ??????

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    They call American gridiron : football, they call rugby union : football, they call rugby league : football, they call aussie rules : football ; and they call football : soccer !

No worries Ralph, horses for courses.

Just don't call it soccer !

What's the largest sporting event in the world ??????
    Whatever. LOL!!