GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: how to use E34 CD player

Default how to use E34 CD player

Need your help on this issue on 'my board', where I am mod. I do not know this system used in the USA. Thanks
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/142109

Shogun- Pressing the "band" button will toggle through the radios's functions. First: FM 1, then FM2, AM1, AM2, CD changer, then Weather Band. If a CD changer is correctly installed, it will come up. If not, the sequence will go from am2 to WB without stopping. When CD is displayed, the buttons on the front console (1-6) select which CD, and tune up/down controls song skip.

The wiring jack for the changer is integrated into the audio harness, so in all likelihood, if the rest of the radio works, there is either a problem with the connection from the changer to the harness, or a malfunction in the changer itself. Obviously check the connection at the rear. There is no installation protocol per ce, if it is connected, the system will recognize it. Alot of people get confused about the cd cartridges. The e34 ones are not interchangeable with the more recent e39 type (which is standard now I guess). The cd's go into the magazine upside down, with the shiny part facing you, and the label facing down.

Best, tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    Shogun- Pressing the "band" button will toggle through the radios's functions. First: FM 1, then FM2, AM1, AM2, CD changer, then Weather Band.
    I have a slightly different experience with mine. BAND switches between FM1, AM, CD. To switch to FM2 while in FM1, I need to press PROG. To get Weather, I press WB.

My take on it: 1) the changer isn't working so the radio doesn't recognize it, or 2) he has the CDs in upside down. This is newer than the one I had, so it may be different, but in that one ('89-'90) you had to put the label side down which is pretty counterintuitive.

Also, I think they were (at least mine was) wired right to the battery with an inline fuse. The fuse may be blown, but then that probably points back to in inoperative changer.

@632regal
    thanks for chiming in there.
    I hope you or someone can als answer that question by E34lover directly.