GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Mirror Glass

Default Mirror Glass

My drivers side glass is losing it's reflection around the edges (becoming brown) and i recently came upon a second passenger mirror glass, are the driver and passenger side mirror glass interchangeable. Passenger side says objects in mirror are closer than they appear, does this mean it's got magnification issues? Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pbrennan10
    My drivers side glass is losing it's reflection around the edges (becoming brown) and i recently came upon a second passenger mirror glass, are the driver and passenger side mirror glass interchangeable. Passenger side says objects in mirror are closer than they appear, does this mean it's got magnification issues? Any help is appreciated.
    The passenger side is always convex, making objects seem farther away. The driver's side is flat.

I don't know if one can replace the other in terms of fit, but if you put the passenger's mirror on the driver's side, you should be okay so long as you heed the etched-on warning

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

You can swap sides with the mirror glass.

The older types of mirrors have a white plastic part on the back of the mirror that needs to be taken off, rotated 180degree and put back on.

The newer type can just be attached without modification.

If you have heated mirrors you may find that the glass has to be mounted up-side down so that the heating wires will reach the connectors.

I wish the wide angle mirrors were still available here in the States. We can get the plain & convex mirrors (heated or non heated)...but the wide angle mirror is/was a great upgrade for the driver's side.

For those who don't know the difference...the passenger side mirror is convex (you know..."items in mirror are closer than they appear") and the driver's side is plain. The wide angle mirror helps the driver to see vehicles in the blind spot...but they are no longer available here.

You can see the mirrors that are/were available: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...54&hg=51&fg=10
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL