GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help with aftermarket keyless system

Default Help with aftermarket keyless system

I made a mistake of buying the keyless system from the www.bmwsecuritysystems.com. The thing doesn't work and the support is not very good.

Now the guy says that I may need to disconnect the OEM alarm for this to work. I want to try it out so how do I go about disconencting the OEM alarm on 95 540i?

Default Why is it nescesary to remove the OEM alarm that ...

should include a keyless remote, to install a keyless?

Javier

It turns out the guy meant that if I had already installed an aftermarket keyless or alarm to the BMW exisiting port, which I didn't, it neded to be removed. But the guy is confused he seems to think that the OEM bmw alarm may be connected to the 12-pin port under the rear seat and it is not.

This came about because I have had one original key for my car since I bought it. The remote works most of the time. However since it works only "most of the time" I almost never use it as I don't want to be digging out a fuse from under the rear seat when it doesn't work. Since I needed a spare key and my remote is very worn though still working I thought I'd get something aftermarket rather than spend 300 CAD or so that it costs to get a new key with a remote from the stealer. This system seemed to be a good deal, 130 USD for 2 remote keys and the keyless module, if it can be made to work. So far the support has been poor and more importantly not very knowledgable about the issues involved.

The manual says to connect specific wires from the harness connecting the keyless module to the port, to pins 1,3,8,9,10 on the BMW port which I did but nothing happens. However when I try to connect the wiring harness to the module the opposite way (while having the wires connected to port pins as described above) as it is designed to connect, the alarm gets enabled (physically this is not possible but just the pins touching each other causes this), as if I had pressed the remote button on my original BMW key.

I hope you make heads and tails of this story.

Default Not sure about this, but guess there may be some ...

misunderstandings. Yours is a 540i isn't it, it is supposed to be provided with a DWA IV anti-theft system, that connects to two 26 pins, one 5 pins and one 4 pins connectors. That system will probably check your ID before allowing the car to start (just kidding).

525i and 530i came with Alpina Anti-theft connected to a 12 pin connector. Wouldn't surprise me that the car harnesses are the same and you have a 12 pin empty connector, but your DWA module should still be there. May be you should try pulling it out.

Javier