GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: misfiring 2.0 24 valve e34

Default misfiring 2.0 24 valve e34

hi the problem with my car is that it misfires when pulling away from a junction or at low speed and i have to accelerate to get over the problem .it also has a problem with the earthing system as the headlight beam bounces all the time but i dont think this is the same problem as the misfire wasnt there 3 months ago when i bought the car.i suspect a coil pack but am unsure .the car is a two litre strait six 24 valve m50 engine its a 1991 non vano,any help would be appreciated.
    thanks mark

Default You're right ,its most likely a coil pack or a bad sparkplug or even the

short insulating connector going from the coil pack to ground. You're best bet is going to be to pull all the coil packs and sparkplugs and carefully inspect each one to try and determine which one is misfiring. The symptoms for this would be a slight misfire or stumble or bucking when first accelerating but it goes away once your at a cruise speed or if you give it enough gas to make the mixture rich enough that the misfiring cylinder fires , all of which points to either coil pack, sparkplug , insulator or possibly but not as likely a plugged up fuel injector not allowing as much fuel as needed

Quote Originally Posted by crymlyn
    hi the problem with my car is that it misfires when pulling away from a junction or at low speed and i have to accelerate to get over the problem .it also has a problem with the earthing system as the headlight beam bounces all the time but i dont think this is the same problem as the misfire wasnt there 3 months ago when i bought the car.i suspect a coil pack but am unsure .the car is a two litre strait six 24 valve m50 engine its a 1991 non vano,any help would be appreciated.
    thanks mark