hello-

first post here, as usually on roadfly - but it looks like master shogun is here alot ! Here's my problem:

I just replaced valve gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, and the pcv plate. This was to remedy a rough cold start that was at 40 (F) and below ambient temp, and would clear when the car was warm.

Now it looks like I've switched my problem - the car runs great when cold, but when it gets warm and I come to a stop, the car will die most of the time. This is especially true if I come to a more rapid stop, as my revs dive to apprx 300 and then it sometimes kicks up, or will die. Reverse is even worse, as it will die nearly all the time.

I have tested the ICV, and there are varients from the resistances listed for testing on 130-27. I'm getting 14-16 ohms on the 20 +/- 2, and I'm getting about 26 on the 40 ohms test between terminals 1 and 3.

I called bimmers south to inquire about a new(used) ICV, and he most likely pointed to a leak in the system rather than a bad ICV, stating that they hardly ever go bad. From posts I've read, it seems like ICV's go bad with more frequency, but I may be wrong.

Any ideas on how to solve the issue? I've played with the bowden cable to ensure that my regular idle is pegged at 500 - but the rev hunting is a new issue for me.

thanks,
Sean