GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Slave cylindar problems! Part info needed!

Default Slave cylindar problems! Part info needed!

Hi guys. Hopefully one of you can help me out.

MY slave cylindar crapped out on my 94 525i. I've already got a new cylindar, but i'm having trouble gettting the clutch line nut out of the old one. The mounting bolts were no trouble, but the line nut is rusted solid in there. I've doused it with WD40 and tried locking pliers, but it won't budge. I think the nut is now stripped on the back side too.

Does anyone have info on the part number on the metal section of the clutch line? I've looked at every bmw parts website and they've been about as useful as a football bat! Is my best bet to just go to the nearest dealership parts room? Can anyone give me some advice? I really don't want to end up paying a few hundred dollars to get the car towed and have a mechanic work on it for 20 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure about the hard clutch line (it IS a hard line that you're asking about, right??), but I'm pretty sure that the hard brake lines are available from BMW and other part sources in straight sections only (i.e.- you bend them the way you need them bent).

Most any auto parts store should have short sections of straight hard brake line in metric sizes, buy a cheap tubing bender and have at it!!!

Bret.

Bret.

Use PB blaster, not WD 40; use a line wrench to get a better grip on the nut. Remount it in the trans if there's any hope of getting the line out, as it will give you better leverage.

Check www.realoem.com for the part number.

I mean, seriously -- you might want to get it towed to a professional, anyway. Bleeding the clutch can be tricky, and it'll have to be bled after this.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by sethatuml
    Hi guys. Hopefully one of you can help me out.

MY slave cylindar crapped out on my 94 525i. I've already got a new cylindar, but i'm having trouble gettting the clutch line nut out of the old one. The mounting bolts were no trouble, but the line nut is rusted solid in there. I've doused it with WD40 and tried locking pliers, but it won't budge. I think the nut is now stripped on the back side too.

Does anyone have info on the part number on the metal section of the clutch line? I've looked at every bmw parts website and they've been about as useful as a football bat! Is my best bet to just go to the nearest dealership parts room? Can anyone give me some advice? I really don't want to end up paying a few hundred dollars to get the car towed and have a mechanic work on it for 20 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

my buddy Bill's alive and well!!!!

great to see.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Got the job done. Line wrench and a 20 degree drop in temp overnight seemed to do the trick. I appreciate the help guys, thanks!