GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: One or two cylinders not working in the morning

Any place I could source those F8LDCRs? I see a lot of bosch sparks on Ebay, but none of them is F8LDCR. There are Super4 spark plugs, not platinum. What do you think of it?
    1994 520i with M50 engine, manual transmission and air conditioner.
    VIN: GG45422

Default Let me repeat, Beru spark plugs are fine and you're using the

correct beru plugs for your car unless your particular beru plugs are damaged such as cracked insulator or dropped while installing and now damaged internally. This should be seen though when you remove the plugs and compare the appearance of each one. Whit has it partially correct on the intake sealing with throttle body spray cleaner... but its not so much to seal the leak that you spray the suspected areas where air could get sucked in. It s because the throttle body spray will burn like gasoline so your richening up the mixture at the points where its leaking..in other words adding more fuel to the extra air thats being sucked in so it will not misfire... The rpm change and the engine smoothing out are indicators that this is happening.. many years ago people used to squirt oil on suspected leaks and then watch for rpm changes in the motor and they would watch the exhaust looking for blue white puffs of smoke indicating that the oil was getting sucked in and burning.. only this was messy and when catalytic converters came along it got much harder to see burning oil in the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by t_marat
    Any place I could source those F8LDCRs? I see a lot of bosch sparks on Ebay, but none of them is F8LDCR. There are Super4 spark plugs, not platinum. What do you think of it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345