GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Check control message

Default Check control message

Since I tried taking off my center grill, my fog light went out, no biggy i just have to find where its unplugged. My washer fluid sensor is bad also, but thats not the problem, I have the messages on the dash, but when I shut my car off tonight i got a "check sparewheel" or "check wheelspare", I can't remember exactly which one, I saw it for a half-second. I'm not having any problems but just wondering if you guys have any clue on what it meant. Maybe low on PS fluid? Tried doing a search but nothing found. It's nothing important im suspecting but i'm just curious
    Thanks guys!!
    Pat

"check wheelspare",
    never seen that b4
    Gone but not forgotten

Yea, thats what im saying, ive never seen nor heard of it. Thats why im curious on what it means. Thanks for the fast reply!

Tire pressure warning system?
    But was that ever installed on E34 series?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Tire pressure warning system?
    But was that ever installed on E34 series?
    I've gotten those messages before. I don't think they were error messages, just reminders. It cycled from check FR tire pressure, to FL tire pressure, to RR tire pressure, to RL tire pressure, and then check spare tire pressure. It hasn't happened in the last 3 months or so, but I as I recall it's happened twice.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default Its a flaw in the motherboard for the dash cluster, mine has done it

once or twice since i've owned it, the tire pressure indicator was never on this car but they had it on the circuitry for future model use.. Some where i have a document regarding it, if i can find it i'll post it. But just ignore it when it pops up. I found it, check the one near the bottom of the list

Quote Originally Posted by Phatty5BMW
    Since I tried taking off my center grill, my fog light went out, no biggy i just have to find where its unplugged. My washer fluid sensor is bad also, but thats not the problem, I have the messages on the dash, but when I shut my car off tonight i got a "check sparewheel" or "check wheelspare", I can't remember exactly which one, I saw it for a half-second. I'm not having any problems but just wondering if you guys have any clue on what it meant. Maybe low on PS fluid? Tried doing a search but nothing found. It's nothing important im suspecting but i'm just curious
    Thanks guys!!
    Pat

Well thats cool. I kinda thought that that is what it was meaning but i knew that the e34 didnt have tire pressure warning systems. Cool thing to know, but will for sure ignore it if it happens again. Thanks so much guys! I love you guys and this board!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    once or twice since i've owned it, the tire pressure indicator was never on this car but they had it on the circuitry for future model use.. Some where i have a document regarding it, if i can find it i'll post it. But just ignore it when it pops up. I found it, check the one near the bottom of the list
    Wow that E34 is full of secrets.