GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Heating control stopped working after swapping climate control computer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heating control stopped working after swapping climate control computer

In my father's 530i (M30), 1988, with climate control and airconditioning, the heating control stopped working.

Because of a malfunctioning blower motor, even after replacing 2 swords (of which we didn't know 100% for sure whether or not they worked), we decided to swap the climate control computer.

After we did that, also the heating control stopped working. Heating was constantly turned on to the max.

We put back the old computer, but the heating kept on going. We already found a way to control the water valves manually, but it would be nice if we could get the climate control running again.

Any idea what might have went wrong when we replaced the computer with one from a 1989 735i? It looked exactly the same but had different numbers on it.

thanks!

Default Have you checked fuse F24?

Javier

Yes, all fuses are fine. Thanks. The water valves also get their 12V supply. The valves also work fine when manually giving them ground and 12V.

Default Guess then you should check that wires coming ...

from the valves to the computer are 12V (or check you can shoot close the valves grounding the wires at the connector to the computer.

Guess it is a 535i late 88, so they are pins 21 and 23 (yellow/brown and yellow/violet wires) onto the X610 (26 pin white connector, see picture).

Remember dial should not be at maximum heat to have voltage to the valves.

Javier
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Javier; 01-04-2006 at 02:09 PM.

Default Its now running in the default or failsafe mode, you might want

to recheck the connection on the climate control computer and disconnect the battery to reset the settings and see if it still acts up.

Quote Originally Posted by EdNL
    In my father's 530i (M30), 1988, with climate control and airconditioning, the heating control stopped working.

Because of a malfunctioning blower motor, even after replacing 2 swords (of which we didn't know 100% for sure whether or not they worked), we decided to swap the climate control computer.

After we did that, also the heating control stopped working. Heating was constantly turned on to the max.

We put back the old computer, but the heating kept on going. We already found a way to control the water valves manually, but it would be nice if we could get the climate control running again.

Any idea what might have went wrong when we replaced the computer with one from a 1989 735i? It looked exactly the same but had different numbers on it.

thanks!