GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friends, I've been hit.

Default My friends, I've been hit.

There's a first time for everything.

Having stopped for good 3-4 seconds yesterday, I was slammed into from behind. Terrible sound. I turn around - it's a girl!

Got out of the car, and my heart stopped. I've seen her car first and could only imagine mine! Her bumper was detached and hanging, headlight and indicator smashed and overall things were out of alignment (honda civic, early 90's). Then i look at mine - and almost laughed! Previous owner passed one crack in the rear bumper onto me, and this incident yesterday extended that crack by another 6-7cm and created another 10cm one. And the black plastic is skratched a little in a 25cm area. And that's it!

I took all her info and some photos. But boy was I happy. When she hit me it sounded like she had gotten through half of my trunk! If I drove something else, that probably would have been the case.

Thought i share that with you

Check those bumper shocks.

Once they are pushed in, they don't come back out. And they are a pretty penny to replace em.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

BMW's are solid... but what is with all the damage to them this last week...

I keep on waiting for my garage to blow up or something
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Was she cute ?
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    Was she cute ?
    Beat me to it!

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

i was getting ready to say that...

Hehe her cuteness was irrelevant... she was wrong. I had to calm her down though, she was on the brink of crying and was pretty shaken, which wasn't an act - at least i don't think . Her English was pretty bad, and she just smashed her sister's car.

My brother was hit twice and my uncle three times, four out of these five cases a lady driver at fault. I was also a witness to a lady being hit by a young girl. And in every case they put up a last resort fight trying to "turn fault around".

To give credit to "my" girl, she was fair. Now, maybe she'll try to convince the insurance that i reversed into her.

Anyway, I love my E34 (the cutest girl of all )

My 535 was hit from behind by an early 90s Audi 4-series. I had to replace the bumper, but the shocks were ok. Bumper and painting came to $1100. The Audi, on the other hand, had smashed grille, both fenders, crumpled hood, all lights on the front smashed, bumper twisted into a pretzel. I don't know the final tally, but I once dialed into the insurance company's automated responder using the claim number and heard that his claim was at least $5k. Heh heh heh. Idiot.

Now, one thing about your incident. Nowhere did you mention getting a police report. If you didn't, BAD MOVE. The police report will officially fix blame and responsibility, which is a very good thing when you're dealing with insurance companies. In many states it's required when the damage exceeds a certain $$ figure. (Apologies if you're not in the States, dunno about elsewhere) One other piece of advice, do NOT be a 'nice guy' about anything. People will take advantage of you in situations like this, I guarantee you. Make sure that you have everything documented, demand that the cops issue a citation (very important), and NEVER agree to anything on the spot. In a car as old as yours (mine too at the time) it becomes difficult to convince the insurance company to do any repairs at all, as they assume that a 17 year old car has to be a junker and they can probably get away with stonewalling you.

same thing twice last year. check the flap over the fuel filler, mine was old and brittle and fell off when i pulled up at the panel beater. the shunt was definately the cause of that.also chech the clips that hold the mudflaps on. mine popped off on the left side during the shunt. little things only but if u dont notice till later on youll have to pay for them yourself. on falcons and commos its not so much a big deal but rear enders in a bm seem to have an impact on so many things u cant see. with insurance repairs regarding bumpers they willl use a second hand bumper from bumpers wholesale so just check the clips at the back when they have finished. the first time mine was done it looked great but after a while the bottom lip of the bumper was loose because of poor fitting. check aslo the 2 rubbers that hold the end of the exhaust on the left side , if they are old they might have suffered.

i got hit by a 95 maxima last year, the front of her car was totally mangled.. she couldn't even open the driver's side door properly

my bumper had paint missing... that's it

this seems to be the way rear-end accidents work, but i was at least expecting a dent! it made a bloody awful noise, must've been the sound of crunching nissan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast