GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Javier--You are at 999

Default Hey Javier--You are at 999

On the cusp of being a grand master.

I actually have a question for you. Can you suggest something I could read that would give me a basic understanding of electronics. I figure that is an area that would be suited to my talents--more cerebral and finesse. And lord knows, there are certainly lots of annoying electrical issues with e34s. And yes I have a Bentley that would guide me though specifics, but I am taking a guide to basic theory. Thanks.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

as a starter, go to my website below and scroll down to the bottom where you will find:

"Welcome to the inner exploration of the automobile.

100's of graphics, thousand of descriptive links and animations"
    Great stuff.

http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm

and this
    http://www.motor.com/MAGAZINE/Pdf/042003_07.pdf
    http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    as a starter, go to my website below and scroll down to the bottom where you will find:

"Welcome to the inner exploration of the automobile.

100's of graphics, thousand of descriptive links and animations"
    Great stuff.

http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm

and this
    http://www.motor.com/MAGAZINE/Pdf/042003_07.pdf
    http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp
    If we kept our post count from the old board I'd be there. :(

Not that I really care or anything.

Way cool Shogun. Thanks.

And Misfortune--I am a perfect example of how meaningless the number of posts is.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

that and how many posts ahead jeff is of me, bout a year and a half or so ago we were neck and neck till i went out of town for a week and he put about a hunderd on me, and the rest is history that and i have slowed down a little lately

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    a perfect example of how meaningless the number of posts is.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Gayle, do you mean electronics or auto electrics ?

In my experience auto electrics is a little like equine reproduction - a black art !

By the way, its always the earth !

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Default Gayle, I´ll take some time to answer to your inquiry ...

as I´m a little late for a ball game now. It will be interesting to know if you are realy looking for Electronics (not necesarily vehicle related) or just general electric concepts. (took me four 6 months courses in the school to reach 8085 Microposesor concepts by 1979) and believe me, electronics has gone way beyond that in the last 26 years. Depending on your answer, I think I can look after a book for your requirements.

Javier

PS:

Are you just remembering me that I´m talking (writing) too much BS?

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    as I´m a little late for a ball game now. It will be interesting to know if you are realy looking for Electronics (not necesarily vehicle related) or just general electric concepts. (took me four 6 months courses in the school to reach 8085 Microposesor concepts by 1979) and believe me, electronics has gone way beyond that in the last 26 years. Depending on your answer, I think I can look after a book for your requirements.

Javier

PS:

1001 Posts... Good Job.... I will be there soon enough
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

who IS dacoyote anyways?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Javier

I need something that explains basic concepts to me. I don't have a clue. Bill R made a text available to me that explains basic electricity and then works up to applying it to the bmw. It starts with basic electricity, types of circuits, ohms law, types of voltage, resistors, so I think it is going to be what I need. When you are clueless it is hard to ask for what you need because you don't know what you need. Shogun also gave me some links. So I think I am good at this point, but more input is always welcome.

Hubby and I plan to scrape and rebuilt our house in a couple of years and we plan to do solar as we are in the ideal climate for it. I am also interested in getting enough of an understanding of electrical issues to make intelligent choices related to that.

PS:

Javier--you never write too much. Your posts have a very high Signal to Noise ratio. 1000 of your posts add a lot to this board. I was going to private message you with my request when I noticed you were at 999 and wanted to acknowledge that. Also thought their might be others out there who have the same knowledge need I do and would appreciate reading your answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast