GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bizzare experience at supermarket

Default Bizzare experience at supermarket

Yesterday I called into my local supermarket while enroute to a friends place.
    As I pulled into the carpark a 20+ year old Fairlane 'bling mobile' was stopped in front of me.
    There was a teenage girl standing on the passenger side talking to the driver.
    I assumed she had just got out of the car and was about to head into the market.

Anyway she looked at me then looked away and continued talking.
    I waited (about 10 seconds)
    She looked at me again and I raised my eyebrows and shrugged my shoulders in a kind of "Well are we ready to move now?" gesture.
    She looked away again and continued talking.
    Then another car turned into the carpark and was appraoching me from the rear.
    So time to end this social intercourse. I gave a short toot of the horn.
    Well the girl gives me a dirty look and after a few more seconds walks off.
    The car moves away and disppears toward the rear of the supermarket.

Anyway I get out of the car and go inside.
    Five minutes later I'm back at my car and drive off.
    As I turn out onto the road I see the same Fairlane appear from the next exit up and you guessed it,
    he's right behind me. So I think maybe this is just a coincidence.
    Very slightly I begin to increase my speed and so does he.
    About 2kms down the road I decide to see whether he is really tailing me or I'm just getting paranoid.
    So I indicate to turn left at a 'T' junction and so does he, then at the last second I don't turn but continue straight on.
    Guess what? He too changes his mind too and begins to speed up.
    So I decided it was time to just leave him behind. Which I did and about another KM up the I turned off into my friends street.
    Well he had obviously stepped on the gas because he went sailing past the turnoff at high speed not realising I had turned.

The Fairlane was pimped out and he was young (Probationary) will the mandatory baseball cap (worn backwards of course)
    I figured he must have had a hissy fit because I dared to interrupt his carpark discussion.

Go figure?
    Last edited by pundit; 12-29-2005 at 05:45 PM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

wow, tough day. I've never had that stuff happen before.

Well the thing is, if something as trivial as that is enough to make someone engage in a pursuit, then what do they do next?
    Pull out a baseball bat, iron bar, knife, gun that they just happened to have under their seat?
    Some people have got major problems!

that shite happens to me all the time... people follow me cuz I passed them wrong!
    Some of us are magnets for idiots on the road.
    I have had people chase me for highbeaming to pass (a polite flash)
    I had many fools do dumb things, one idiot bumped me at 70 mph because I tapped my brakes because he was right on my ass, instead of braking, he accelerated!
    I find them all.

If he was probationary, advise the popos if you get his plate # if you see him again!

BTW, I love the way the Australian system works, the P for beginners that must be seen in the window, here they give full driving rights to any idiot that can go straight and park that is over 16,. SCARY
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

maybe just leave a clublock in the back seat for times like these.

hey Aussie guys, what are the steps for you getting a driving permit... how long do you have the P, then...? aI forget the details, but I would like a refresher.... everyone will find it interesting I'm sure!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkman540i
    that shite happens to me all the time... people follow me cuz I passed them wrong!
    Some of us are magnets for idiots on the road.
    I have had people chase me for highbeaming to pass (a polite flash)
    I had many fools do dumb things, one idiot bumped me at 70 mph because I tapped my brakes because he was right on my ass, instead of braking, he accelerated!
    I find them all.

If he was probationary, advise the popos if you get his plate # if you see him again!

BTW, I love the way the Australian system works, the P for beginners that must be seen in the window, here they give full driving rights to any idiot that can go straight and park that is over 16,. SCARY
    Is it normal to flash your highbeams to indicate you wish to pass in the U.S.?
    In Europe it's common, especially when there are slow cars driving in the fast lane on the autobahns (very dangerous).

In Australia it's not the norm and many drivers would regard it as a sign of aggression.
    I spent quite some time in Europe in the late 90's and generally they are much better drivers than over here.
    While they can be assertive, that shouldn't be confused with being aggressive.

In Victoria a learners permit can be obtained at 17 and requires a fully licenced driver to be seated next to the learner driver at all times. One must be 18 years old to obtain their Probationary licence. In other states this can be 17 years and 16 for learners.

'P' plates must be displayed for the first two years and probationary drivers cannot drink at all. Anything above a zero blood alcohol reading will result in loss of licence. There are supposed to be limits on the kind of vehicle (engine size etc) that 'P' plate drivers can drive but somehow plenty still manage to wind up with turbo'ed rice burners.

Here the quality of the driving is getting worse. Especially young inexperienced drivers with over inflated egos who think their **** don't stink.
    Many believe they can outdrive anyone, anywhere anytime... and on public roads usually with three or four of their friends in the same car.

You see them on the news every week with their WRX Suburus and Nissan Skylines wrapped around telegraph poles.
    While they regulary don't live up to the belief they have in their own invincibility, it's the innocent lives they usually take with them that really pisses me off!
    Last edited by pundit; 12-29-2005 at 05:24 PM.

Refer to my other post.

I would think that having a P in your window would make you a "safer" or more careful driver.... just knowing you can lose it easily, and everyone knows you are a beginner, it is kind of demeaning!
    Here we have 15 demerit points, and you lose them in increments depending on what you do... stop sign is 3, and about $150
    speeding can make you lose them fast...

The 540 is dangerous for setting tickets, you just don't feel the speed!
    My new 330 is different, I drive slower because you feel the speed so much more than the 540, more nervous and much higher revs.

But again, there are those people everywhere... I had one guy drifteing in my lane and his on a 2 lane road... I honked to wake him and he moved back into his lane, but his passenger (ugly wife) started flipping me off wildly and the guy starts getting behind me and following.
    I puilled into a gas station where my big friend was waiting to meet me, the guy pulled up beside us and quickly realised I was not alone and split.
    He was a poor driver endangering my space, i honked at him, so he wants to kick my ass, what a dipshit!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

I just realised you're in Canada!
    It's a bit like confusing a Kiwi with an Aussie... how to piss someone off!
    I would think flashing your highbeams while overtaking would be in the European style... with the French connection?

As far as a having a 'P' plate in the window or not...
    18 years old, testosterone, doof, bling, ego etc. still = IDIOT!
    When one is trying to impress or vent off a little plastic 'P' in the window doesn't register in their minds.
    The habitual serial offenders don't even display 'P' plates, probably don't even have licences.
    Last edited by pundit; 12-29-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast