GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bent rim repair shops?

Default Bent rim repair shops?

Anyone in the Chicago area have recommendations for rim straightening in this area. Figured I'd get it done while the snows are on the car for now. Found one place in Maywood for $150.00 per wheel but thought that there may be something cheaper that someone knows of.

Quote Originally Posted by Black 535i
    Anyone in the Chicago area have recommendations for rim straightening in this area. Figured I'd get it done while the snows are on the car for now. Found one place in Maywood for $150.00 per wheel but thought that there may be something cheaper that someone knows of.
    http://www.rimpro.com/

Its not local... but everyone says good things about them
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Call around to a couple of the custom wheel shops- those guys are sometimes able to do minor straightening in-house, and if they can't do it, they almost all have accounts with wheel-straightening places they can send them off to.

From what I know (a friend here who has a small wheel/tire shop), you should be able to get a wheel straightened for ~$100 each, or completely refinished + straightened for ~$150-175.

What kind of wheels are they?? You should be able to get a good used stock wheel for less than $100, with a few exceptions.

Bret.

Wheel Collision Center is local to me, here in Bath, PA. I've had them do a number of wheels for me, and I can testify as to their very high quality work. Their repaired wheels are at least as good as new. A few they've done were pretty banged up, bent rim, wobble, chips/gouges on the basketweave, and so on. You'd never know it wasn't a brand new wheel when they were done. Only problem is that quality comes at a price. The last basketweave they did for me, which was in a hit and run collision and pretty badly damaged, cost $251 for everything. It was on the verge of unrepairable. The price included remounting the tire, Hunter 9700 balance, and tape weights. All in all, and despite the price, I was pretty happy with the outcome. They do work for high-end customers from all over the country and account for a half-full Fedex truck every day. Highly recommended.

Default Found one in Arlington Heights, IL

http://www.fixrim.com/

Only $129.00/rim to straighten and refinish, balance. Extra $20.00 to remove and rebalance tires if they are still on the rims. Tape weights used only and they have a 24 hour turnaround as well as good reviews from some people I've talked to. Also, will not charge the full price if rim is not in need of repair. Will let you know later how it goes but my 16" Style 33's need attention this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SRR2
    Wheel Collision Center is local to me, here in Bath, PA. I've had them do a number of wheels for me, and I can testify as to their very high quality work. Their repaired wheels are at least as good as new. A few they've done were pretty banged up, bent rim, wobble, chips/gouges on the basketweave, and so on. You'd never know it wasn't a brand new wheel when they were done. Only problem is that quality comes at a price. The last basketweave they did for me, which was in a hit and run collision and pretty badly damaged, cost $251 for everything. It was on the verge of unrepairable. The price included remounting the tire, Hunter 9700 balance, and tape weights. All in all, and despite the price, I was pretty happy with the outcome. They do work for high-end customers from all over the country and account for a half-full Fedex truck every day. Highly recommended.