GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: help with seat twist fix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default help with seat twist fix

Fellow 5ers, I have a variation of the seat twist problem. The seat seems to have a permanent twist, no doubt caused by the shrinking cable problem, but there seems to be no problems with the cable now.

My guess is that the previous owner fixed the cable, but didn't properly align the seat before doing so.

Is there a simple way of disconnecting one side of the seat so I can bring it into alignment - directions on what to do?

If not, do I have to go through the whole remove the seat thing as shown on the various seat twist fix websites?

Thanks

David

Quote Originally Posted by 95-540iLE
    Fellow 5ers, I have a variation of the seat twist problem. The seat seems to have a permanent twist, no doubt caused by the shrinking cable problem, but there seems to be no problems with the cable now.

My guess is that the previous owner fixed the cable, but didn't properly align the seat before doing so.

Is there a simple way of disconnecting one side of the seat so I can bring it into alignment - directions on what to do?

If not, do I have to go through the whole remove the seat thing as shown on the various seat twist fix websites?

Thanks

David
    The only way I was able to unbolt the motor to remove one side of the cable was to unbolt the seat. You can then get the seat aligned right and reinstall the cable and seat.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

if they spliced the cable somewhere its possible, but...you will only be guessing if its correct.

Another idea is to unplug one of the motors and adjust the seat, then plug it back in? I have no idea if it would work.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

That what was I was hoping I could do. I had a poke about under the front seat, unplugged a couple of the plugs etc to see if I could spot something that would disable only one side of the backrest - but I couldn't find an easy option.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

If not, I guess the seat comes out!

Cheers
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Another idea is to unplug one of the motors and adjust the seat, then plug it back in? I have no idea if it would work.

taking the seat out isnt hard at all, I found it easier than all the time I spent messing around trying to fix it without remiving it...lol
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

dave, ive got the same slight twist and when i had to fix it all appeared to be fine, so i pulled both cables out and adjusted them manually untill they were right and then mounted it all back up. good as gold now.
    i used the seat fix thread in the aussie iLE forum

Did you have to take the seat out?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie e34
    dave, ive got the same slight twist and when i had to fix it all appeared to be fine, so i pulled both cables out and adjusted them manually untill they were right and then mounted it all back up. good as gold now.
    i used the seat fix thread in the aussie iLE forum

Quote Originally Posted by 95-540iLE
    Did you have to take the seat out?
    The seat doesn't have to come out of the car, just unbolted to lift the front up to get to the seat motor.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA