GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anyone have a repair manual for E30?

Default Anyone have a repair manual for E30?

I'm looking for a repair manual for a e30 92' 316 to download if possible. Found a similar 1 for my e34 on the forum.

I'm having years of trouble with the fual pump relay and don't even know it thats the real problem.

Toeks.

Default buy a Bentley Repair Manual

528 pages for $ 34.95 only
    http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

If you really want to use it, you need a hard paper copy, not one in your PC.

Default Personal opinion. But thanks for the suggestion.

Don't think I'm gonna buy the manual for 1 fuel relay prob.

BeemerbabeTX Guest

Default Thanks for the manual info- Question before I buy

Thank you for the Manual info for these years the $34.95 is, (IMO) worth it for me since I am the one who works on it for minor repairs. Does this manual show the fuse box listing for each cars? I have a 1987 325is coupe 5 speed which I love and still drive today. With a current 428,000 miles on the original motor I have spent a sum of money on this little car replacing the age related items and have a Haynes Complete rebuild manual that I bought at AutoZone some years back that works for me up until recently. Being a female raised in the garage with my father I can fix just about anything as long as I have this manual. My Fuse box does not have the listing of what the fuses go to, I cannot read the electrical diagram and have tried all the idea's I have read on here and researched via the internet to solve my windows not rolling up and no power to my after market stereo. So, hopefully the actual manual will help me with the fuse box. I have tried the suggestions in the Haynes manual as well and still no luck. I would like to know before I spend the $34.95.

Beemerbabetx

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerbabeTX
    Thank you for the Manual info for these years the $34.95 is, (IMO) worth it for me since I am the one who works on it for minor repairs. Does this manual show the fuse box listing for each cars? I have a 1987 325is coupe 5 speed which I love and still drive today. With a current 428,000 miles on the original motor I have spent a sum of money on this little car replacing the age related items and have a Haynes Complete rebuild manual that I bought at AutoZone some years back that works for me up until recently. Being a female raised in the garage with my father I can fix just about anything as long as I have this manual. My Fuse box does not have the listing of what the fuses go to, I cannot read the electrical diagram and have tried all the idea's I have read on here and researched via the internet to solve my windows not rolling up and no power to my after market stereo. So, hopefully the actual manual will help me with the fuse box. I have tried the suggestions in the Haynes manual as well and still no luck. I would like to know before I spend the $34.95.

Beemerbabetx

The Bentley is a much better manual than the Haynes, but you can probably get along without it. 428k is a pretty healthy sum...nice job if you did all of that on your own

best, whit

Default Re: Before you buy the manual

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerbabeTX
    My Fuse box does not have the listing of what the fuses go to, I cannot read the electrical diagram and have tried all the idea's I have read on here and researched via the internet to solve my windows not rolling up and no power to my after market stereo. So, hopefully the actual manual will help me with the fuse box. I have tried the suggestions in the Haynes manual as well and still no luck. I would like to know before I spend the $34.95.

Beemerbabetx
    I have both the Chilton 3-Series, and a Haynes 3 & 5 Series Manuals.
    Neither is worth a damn, but I can just get by with both, costing about
    $25 apiece.
    I doubt the Bentley manual is much better.
    Thanks to Bill R. for the fuse diagram.

Re: Your power window problem.
    Suspect the fuse if none work.
    Else suspect the switch, connectors, and then the brushes that order.
    Use an ohm meter to continiuty check.
    Lacking that, use a jumper power test and isolate the problem.

Good Luck

BeemerbabeTX Guest

Default Window Problem solved

Well, I have had good luck with the Haynes manual so far and Thank you SO MUCH for the fuse box listings. I now have a copy in my car and was able to fix a few other minor problems having it. However, due to the small amount of humidity here in Texas, a simple check of the connectors on the switches and cleaning them of their corrosion fixed the problem, even though they were replaced 2 yrs ago. Sometimes we humans make small problems much bigger than they really are.....lol And yes the 400k is an accurate age and miles. I love my "lilred".

Thanks for your help,
    BeemerbabeTX

Quote Originally Posted by ibmer

I doubt the Bentley manual is much better.

Oh boy...

Can I interest you in a Toyota?

Hi, I have this: Haynes BMW 3 & 5 Series Service And Repair Manual.pdf

it's 7.17mb file. I fyou want it let me know, I may be able to email it but it may be too big, let me know.