GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wrecked

Default I wrecked

Well i hit a curve a smidge too fast today and drove into a rock cliff that was 8 inches off the road, gotta love those West Virginia mountains.

Looks like a new bumper, wheel, tire, right quarter panel, front door, and maybe rear bumper but it's only scuffed.

What would be your course of action if in my position? What i'd be replacing would basically be a body kit wouldn't it, would that be cost efficient in this situation?

Glad that you are ok....

Chances are good that the damage would total the car....

How does the rest of it run?
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

the damage doesnt look too bad, i cant tell with this moniter, too dark
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    the damage doesnt look too bad, i cant tell with this moniter, too dark
    Yeah... it doesn't change the fact that it prop would count as a total on the insurance....

Maybe see if Ringmaster has parts?
    Last edited by dacoyote; 12-27-2005 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Learning How To Type English
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Well i found a 89 black front fender, it will fit a 93 model like a glove, correct?

yes, E34 is E34...real nice when you find parts the right color.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Please tell us more about the mechanical condition of the car and if you have done any mods.

250k is getting up there. Not a big deal if well maintained and you have gone through the 200k replacement cycle of crap that breaks every 100k.

Even if you find replacement body parts the same color, they won't really be the same color. Is that going to bug you? I think it was romus that was complaining that he realized his car is three different shades of red as a result of fender benders in the hands of the prior owner. Paint jobs are obscenely expensive. Also are you sure that all the mechanical stuff behind the messed up wheel is ok?

One strategy a lot of people do is strip the car of mods and then let the insurance company total it. If you get a good settlement from the insurance company it can be an opportunity to get the car you wish you had gotten after becoming more knowledgeable about e34s like getting a 535 or a manual or one with better paint etc.

So sorry this happened to you but maybe something good will come out of it.

I assume you saw the other thread that is going on with similar issues.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=17240

Last edited by Gayle; 12-27-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Well i just put new brakes, rotors, flex disc, and center bearing on it. The power steering hoses drip a little, and the brake fluid reservoir leaks a bit.
    I really enjoy driving this car and i'd prefer to just drive it until the engine falls apart. I have another nice car so i'd like to keep this one to tool around in.

all e34 decisions are emotional ones imho

sounds like you are keeping her

You might want to post what parts you need in the classified section of the board. And rigmaster has the mother load of all parts. Message him with what you need.
    Last edited by Gayle; 12-27-2005 at 03:30 PM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

the master cylinder is supposed to have some sort of paper gasket on the cap...I made one from chipboard and it still seeps. Maybe the original was rubber or something.

the engine WONT fall apart (not remembering the post about a broken timing chain today) as long as its maintained, you know...synthetic oil and changes at some sort of intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by pbrennan10
    Well i just put new brakes, rotors, flex disc, and center bearing on it. The power steering hoses drip a little, and the brake fluid reservoir leaks a bit.
    I really enjoy driving this car and i'd prefer to just drive it until the engine falls apart. I have another nice car so i'd like to keep this one to tool around in.
    edit: if the frame is bent its basicly done, if not you can tool around forever.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast